Airline Mogul Forum

Retiring... until Safari is fixed.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 23, 2008, 04:44:54 am
I personally don't have time for the BS anymore.  I keep hearing about the Safari problem getting fixed but we're over two weeks in to the round and it's still not working correctly.  While I hand it to you that can work your routes in the other browsers, I had it down to a science in Safari using only keystokes to update one route every three seconds; in Firefox, I'm lucky to get a route every 10-12 seconds.

Since it's taking me 4 times longer now just to add or refine a route; it's not worth my time any more.  Two car payments and two house payments sort of dictate that I don't dick away my time on a really fun game in an archaic browser.  

If it's not fixed by June 1971 (W3), I'll be selling a *vegetable*ton of planes a liquidation costs.  Go to my airline page to see what I have.  If you like the competition and enjoy playing against me, write the admins and tell them to fix the M***** f***ing *** D*** problem.

And for the record, I publicly offered $200 to fix it right out of the gate.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:14 am
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
I personally don't have time for the BS anymore.  I keep hearing about the Safari problem getting fixed but we're over two weeks in to the round and it's still not working correctly.  While I hand it to you that can work your routes in the other browsers, I had it down to a science in Safari using only keystokes to update one route every three seconds; in Firefox, I'm lucky to get a route every 10-12 seconds.

Since it's taking me 4 times longer now just to add or refine a route; it's not worth my time any more.  Two car payments and two house payments sort of dictate that I don't dick away my time on a really fun game in an archaic browser.  

If it's not fixed by June 1971 (W3), I'll be selling a *vegetable*ton of planes a liquidation costs.  Go to my airline page to see what I have.  If you like the competition and enjoy playing against me, write the admins and tell them to fix the M***** f***ing *** D*** problem.

Using Firefox is definitely a pain... I never used AM on Safari, but even without that frame of reference I'm not enjoying it so much.  It's like Firefox "hangs" when entering in amounts, etc.

It would suck to see you go.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:41:25 am
I'll pay them $200 not to fix it :evil:

Just kidding. I don't have any problems....

I quit because the game's boring now (and a certain someone's steamrolling over everyone). I'll come back when they have private worlds.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:17:14 am
>_> not to send the wrong message and promote any kind of players strike, but. i think i fixed it.  This is really the first chance i've had the time to really make sense out of what's going wrong and how to fix it (frankly actual CSS itself is a weak point for me, and this was an issue in the CSS proper).  I've also fixed (apparently) three small bugs otherwise in the css.

all hail w3schools and poking around the file.

edit: keep your $200 unless you otherwise wish to give it, neither the strike nor the $$ motivated me to fix this. just free time and curiosity.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:57 am
Quote from: "yourefired"

I quit because the game's boring now (and a certain someone's steamrolling over everyone). I'll come back when they have private worlds.

Do u like need to post the same thing, everytime u post??? Honestly, u quit.. so who cares.. people quit all the time. Just dont drag the same stuff over and over again... geez... ur like a baby without his candy...  :evil:
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 11:28:23 am
Quote from: "Maestro69"

Do u like need to post the same thing, everytime u post??? Honestly, u quit.. so who cares.. people quit all the time. Just dont drag the same stuff over and over again... geez... ur like a baby without his candy...  :evil:

If you don't care, why bother commenting?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:51 am
Because it is annoying to read all those post that he doesn't care about... or just that those posts blocks his view and he is not even reading them.

Anyway, grow up. This argument will not get far.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 05:16:02 pm

Aside from you offering $200 to fix it are you joking? It's a free game and it is modern technology there are going to be bugs and bugs are fixed accordingly to priority.  :roll:
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:49:39 pm

I must have missed that one, anyway it would have had no effect, Dollars are worthless these days.  :lol:
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:56:04 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"

I must have missed that one, anyway it would have had no effect, Dollars are worthless these days.  :lol:

LOL you mean the Bush peso?

zinkywinks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 11:23:15 pm
wait a second, you could make and update routes in 3 seconds... explain pls? :(
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/zinkywinks/zinkinternational2-1.jpg[/img]

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 02:29:13 am
Air El; I just cleared out the cache and I believe things are fixed!!!!!

Quote from: "zinkywinks"
wait a second, you could make and update routes in 3 seconds... explain pls? :(

Now that things are fixed, I can't give away my trade secret. :)  However I have mentioned the system on the forum in the past.  That's the only hint I'll give you. :)

FWIW, It also helps that I can type over 90 words a minute and have an OC3 pipe.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 03:11:31 am
Quote from: "Maestro69"

If you don't care, why bother commenting?

Because i like saying it how it is. But i dont drag on about the problems in AM.. but more, think about how they be improved and make it more enjoyable.

Oh and i think u posted about ur little issue with AM about 4-5 times now... so its like getting old.

(Sorry to ruin the thread, but its for a good reason!!  :evil: )
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 04:28:06 am
Problem is fixed... discussion has become pointless and is wandering into another argument that will end up being locked.
So its getting locked now...  But for the aforementioned $200 I could be persuaded.....  :wink:

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk