Its very basic  :P

It doesnt matter about the logo...just the service of the airline :P
elcome to a new era - AustraliaConnect

Connecting Australians to the World!

EvoAirways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 02:26:04 pm
I'm lazy and asked a buddy that does some web graphics work for me to throw something together.  :lol:
img]http://72.52.176.48/~hostzine/ecko/d/323-1/EVO_Air.jpg[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 04:40:42 pm
Mine was US based airline that went bankrupt. The company doesn't exist anymore.

No copyright issues.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Yahiko

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 07:39:10 am
I just threw mine together in a hurry.  ;)

Sanosuke!
img]http://www.nucleus.com/~sonic/yahikoairlogo.jpg[/img]

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 09:20:25 am
Quote from: "yourefired"
Mine was US based airline that went bankrupt. The company doesn't exist anymore.

No copyright issues.

You actually mean trade/service mark issues, and I'm betting that NWA (dba Compass) still owns the Indy Air marks, so they would be the ones to make a claim. (And of course the new DL will eventually own the marks)

I'm just sayin'  :D
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35:10 am
Quote from: "IceTrojan"

No copyright issues.

You actually mean trade/service mark issues, and I'm betting that NWA (dba Compass) still owns the Indy Air marks, so they would be the ones to make a claim. (And of course the new DL will eventually own the marks)

I'm sure if they made such a claim the judge would laugh them out of the courtroom. I've seen many people here who use real airlines' logos. Don't worry, nobody's getting sued.

The use of NWA or whomever's trademark in my logo below is so not for profit and so noncommercial that it doesn't even fall under fair use. Fair use and trademark infringement only applies when the trademarked logo or image is used for a commercial purpose. When there is no commercial purpose intended, the trademark law doesn't even apply.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:54 pm

No copyright issues.

Probably not....

Reason number one... during bankruptcy proceedings NWA(Compass) only purchased the AOC, not anything else.  Realistically nothing else held much value.

Reason number two....  whoever really does own the trademark will have a REALLY hard time proving that he is damaging their asset by using for a fake airline on a fake airline game...

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 01:16:10 am
Well, my logo has being through 3 major updates, but the main 2 principles have stayed during that time:

Used the former Aviaco logo ( a nice enjoyable airline that was dismantled in the late 1990's :( )
And the name is derived from Terra Australis, the original term used to name Australia.

I did it also because of my heritage ;)
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 01:57:50 am
Quote from: "CornField"

No copyright issues.

Probably not....

Reason number one... during bankruptcy proceedings NWA(Compass) only purchased the AOC, not anything else.  Realistically nothing else held much value.

Reason number two....  whoever really does own the trademark will have a REALLY hard time proving that he is damaging their asset by using for a fake airline on a fake airline game...

Whoever owns the mark doesn't have to show damages... a likelihood of confusion is enough.  The fact that McDonald's was able to sue a hotel chain to keep them from using "McSleep" as their name shows how low the standard is.  Frankly, using the Indy Air mark for a fake online airline is more likely to confuse the public than a real hotel chain using "Mc-" in their name.

But reality sets it and it depends if anyone wants to incur that cost.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 02:02:27 am
They'll have a real hard time proving likelyhood of confusion when Independence Air no longer exists. The public's understanding is that it went bankrupt and is defunct. The public hasn't seen that mark for like 3 years, they're not going to be confused because there's nothing to be confused with. How do you confuse A, an airline that used to exist, and B, a fake airline in an online game, when A's marks, logos and whatever else is no longer around?

Frankly the people who are more at risk are the people using names of airlines that are still in existence. Moreover the Independence Air trademark was ABANDONED.

"A trademark is abandoned when its use is discontinued with an intent not to resume its use. Such intent can be inferred from the circumstances. Moreover, non-use for three consecutive years is prima facie evidence of abandonment. The basic idea is that trademark law only protects marks that are being used, and parties are not entitled to warehouse potentially useful marks."
Source: Harvard Law School http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tm.htm#6

The airline went bankrupt in 2005, and since NWA hasn't used the trademark for the past 3 years, that's sufficient evidence that it's been abandoned under US Trademark law.

And these are airlines, not the RIAA. They don't sue dead women or 13 year old girls.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 08:29:18 am
I decided to Google the name of my airline (which I made up), and easily found 4 logos:

You could also search for a picture of something related to your airlines and just add your name below it.

Donjo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 05:22:51 am
Well i finally got one! But how do I put it up to be viewed on the forum?
ontinental American Airlines
CAA

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 05:37:47 am

myavia

• Airline Operative
  • fly. in style.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 04:17:40 pm

myavia - fly.in style.
id: 12041

Beacon Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 05:09:45 pm
Like the others said, find a couple of sharp images, then do a little work yourself.  8)
Airline ID: BCN - 10033

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk