Airline Mogul Forum

Questions about hubs and focus cities.

SLAA · 4 · 1204

SLAA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 09, 2008, 07:43:23 am
Hey,
Okay so I have 4 gates in Colombo Sri Lanka, which is where my airline started operations from. So is it already a base? Or do I need to confirm it as a base? Also, I want to create a base out of another city, maybe Bangkok, and I was wondering how I could do this? Because everytime that I go to creating a base option, and click on either the domestic or foreign options they say that no airports exist for me to create a hub...

Any help is appreciated :) Thanks
img]http://asiatours.net/srilanka/images/air-lanka.gif[/img]
Bringing the World to the heart of Hospitality. [World 8]

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:54:08 am
First You have to rent 4 Gates at the airport you want to create a new base.... then click create base (BE WARNED there is a 60X Gate Fee) To recreate a base. IF you DO NOT pay this fee you can not fly out of the airport

And yes Colombo is your starting base so that is already a base dont need to do anything to it.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:35:29 pm
You must have 40 free slots at the base (I beleive), So if you already have a flight from columbo to HKG yo will have to rent an extra gate.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:07:16 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
You must have 40 free slots at the base (I beleive), So if you already have a flight from columbo to HKG yo will have to rent an extra gate.

No. Just having 4 gates will do. No requirement to have 40 free slots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk