Airline Mogul Forum

1st RESET EXECUTED, NEXT RESET JULY 8th}Ultra Competitive/Realistic world

Dobbins · 139 · 28718

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: June 11, 2011, 06:52:16 am
It will be an open world with plenty of slots.  People joining lase help to fulfill that realistic operations portion of the world, anyway.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: June 11, 2011, 07:17:32 am
Right so, GPWestjet has the canadian slot on lock. Also, Dobbins how many hubs can we have? you said 9 right?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #77 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:41 am
I won't join until July, but I'm still in!

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: June 11, 2011, 12:17:30 pm
I was planning on using one of my international hubs in Asia and one in North America, but given how thoroughly North America seems to be covered in the Alliance, I may open two more domestic hubs or have a second international hub in Asia or the Middle East.

Just please don't hub in one of my airports. That basically excludes anything large except Shanghai and Narita.

AirbusL1011

• Airline Operative
  • Back after a year-long break!
    • View Profile

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: June 11, 2011, 02:34:47 pm
Sounds like an awesome world...but I think I may end up passing. Got quite a bit to do in July in preparation for getting married in August.

Besides, gopats wouldn't want to share HND with me again.  ;) I think he didn't appreciate the de-icing glycol hand soap prank we pulled in his concourse.

All joking aside, I'll be keeping an eye on the world. If possible, I may join up after mid-August finally rolls around...if the wife lets me.  :(

Congratulations!!

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: June 11, 2011, 03:23:14 pm
Right so, GPWestjet has the canadian slot on lock. Also, Dobbins how many hubs can we have? you said 9 right?

Yes, nine, and I've update the OP to reflect this.  This allows for a truly dominated domestic or regional carrier to do quite well, yet also allows for a legacy to be quite established as well (5 domestic hubs, two foreign, or 7 and 1).

secretformula

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:19 am
I can join ASAP also
Nigil Lee

AirbusL1011

• Airline Operative
  • Back after a year-long break!
    • View Profile

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:29 pm
I'd like to join this. Sounds pretty good to me. Is it started yet? If so, what's its number :)

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 08:12:09 pm
It has not started, it will start later this week.  I'll update the thread title once it begins.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: June 13, 2011, 11:31:35 pm
I was planning on using one of my international hubs in Asia and one in North America, but given how thoroughly North America seems to be covered in the Alliance, I may open two more domestic hubs or have a second international hub in Asia or the Middle East.

Just please don't hub in one of my airports. That basically excludes anything large except Shanghai and Narita.

I would be very happy with Shanghai, and my other hub will probably be Dubai.  It'll be a while before I expand, though, since the formula for elimination actually prevents quick expansion, or at least makes it very tough to do.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I have been thinking, as I mentioned above, that whoever opens hubs the fastest will probably be at the biggest disadvantage, so I am going to start discussing strategy just for fun.

My first hub will be at London Heathrow, and I am going to start shorter service at first to only the Largest European Airports.  As those routes receive competition, I'll start flying to the US and Asia once I have some more aircraft, and then slowly open hubs.  Better off doing a ton of routes from one hub than a few routes from several hubs.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I have been thinking, as I mentioned above, that whoever opens hubs the fastest will probably be at the biggest disadvantage, so I am going to start discussing strategy just for fun.

My first hub will be at London Heathrow, and I am going to start shorter service at first to only the Largest European Airports.  As those routes receive competition, I'll start flying to the US and Asia once I have some more aircraft, and then slowly open hubs.  Better off doing a ton of routes from one hub than a few routes from several hubs.
I agree 100%... I like to really milk one hub for all its got before moving on. I rent a ton of gates, then I build up a fleet of 50 unused aircraft and open up another hub and fly to all the destinations of the first hub plus more. I repeat this process several times and then start doing long haul. This usually takes quite a bit of game years but with a 30 year world like this, it seems like the best strategy

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Gonna hub in GUM instead of CLE+SEA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk