Airline Mogul Forum

Earnings bar

boeing

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 19, 2010, 09:25:54 pm
Could a bar be added showing how much each aircraft has earned you.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 10:29:44 pm
Thats a rather easy calculation. (Daily operating profit) x 24 x 12 x (Age of plane in years)

Not too precise, as it doesn't take into account the maint. costs, but it gives you a somewhat idea...
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

CaptainAwesome

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:08:53 pm
Hate to spoil the fun, but wouldn't that calculation only work if and only if DOP for an airplane was to remain static over its entire lifetime span?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 08:10:36 pm
Hate to spoil the fun, but wouldn't that calculation only work if and only if DOP for an airplane was to remain static over its entire lifetime span?

True, but i hardly ever change that. I retire the plane when it has earned itself back, usually quite early. Then i sell it for a nice price, and make additional profit.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:04:16 pm
What might be useful would be to have maybe on the operations page a single bar that is split into a red and a green and has a 50% mark, the red would be Projected expenditure and the green would be projected income, if the green bar extend beyond the 50% mark then you know you will make a profit at the end of the month if the red bar crosses the 50% mark you know you will make a loss. So basically it will show if the total amount of money coming in is equal or not to the total amount going out. this would be useful because it the finance page is not always clear. if you can do this also it would make it even better, if you mouse over either colour it gives you the break down of the money, So for green it would be Aircraft revenue (minus fuel costs etc) Meal Revenue, lease revenue, sales revenue etc and a total. and for red it would be Aircraft expenditure, Aircraft maintenance, Gate rent, Wages, Purchases, Lease expenditure, etc and a total. If this is possible the it would be good that if you have expenditure that exceeds the income then tips could be given.

Another graph that might be useful is one that shows the usage of your planes, probably a Pie chart would be best. So the categories for it would be, On Order, Not in service, Under 5 hours in service, 5-10 hours in service, 10-15 hours in service, 15-20 hours in service, 20+ hours in service. (planes on order would not count as not in service)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 05:45:30 pm
The current maintenance calculations are done fleet-wide, not by aircraft. This would make it difficult to calculate the maintenance costs for a specific aircraft - removing the biggest cost for most airlines from the profitability bars. This may be changed with revisions to the maintenance formulas though.

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 01:30:34 pm
i know it is shown fleet wide but it is calculated by aircraft otherwise when you buy a new AC it won't add, but i didn't mean that each aircraft has its own bar i mean for the entire system and that all your costs are displayed in this format as well and so is your income. the graph doesn't require an individual aircraft mode as it isn't that dificult to work out if an aircraft is doing badly or not as all you need to do is divide the maintenance cost by the number of ac and 24 you have and see if the profit the ac is making is above or below this value

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:03 pm
I was more talking about the initial suggestion, to show each individual aircraft's earnings. As far as I know, maintenance costs are calculated (not just displayed) based on your fleet as a whole, not by each aircraft, and your can't simply divide the cost by the number of aircraft (older aircraft will contribute disproportionately large amounts to costs) - that's the reason why individual aircraft maintenance fees can't be displayed.
Concerning a graph to show profitability, it could be a useful addition. However, the information can be fairly easily accessed through the finances page, accessed by clicking on your Bank Balance, which displays your total monthly revenue, costs and profits.

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 01:24:06 am
the dividing way is just a basic way i know that it is not perfect but it works out whether an aircraft will be profitable or not. Although the information is easily accessed it for me at least is not that easy to interpret and having a visual refernce does have a benefit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk