Airline Mogul Forum

More Modern, Full, Public Worlds

JetOrange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 02, 2011, 12:28:49 am
Something I would really like to see in Airline Mogul is more public worlds that take place in the 21st century and are public as well. I don't know how everyone else feels, but there's just something magical about them to me :D.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 01:11:09 am
We could have one from 2004-2018 which gives you a lot of time to make the modern airline
Sincerely, Mastafa

hay-airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 01:55:21 am
Agreed.
hay-airlines; livery maker.

SomedayTrijet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:02 am
This would be good, but please don't scrap those old worlds just because of this. Public Worlds is almost the only worlds which take place in 50's and 60's. I would hate if all the historic worlds passed away.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 11:46:22 am
We could have one from 2004-2018 which gives you a lot of time to make the modern airline

Thats not possible, the game can only run till 2010 at the moment. We usually wait for the end of each year to add it using an averaged Oil price across that year. We don't know what Oil will do until 2018 so its not possible to run games that long.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:47:47 pm
I'll reiterate what I suggested a long time ago...

10-year, consecutive, full worlds going through the decades: 50's, 60's, 70', etc. Once the 00's is finished, it cycles back to the 50's.

The randomly generated worlds would be everything but full worlds.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 03:49:10 pm
I'll reiterate what I suggested a long time ago...

10-year, consecutive, full worlds going through the decades: 50's, 60's, 70', etc. Once the 00's is finished, it cycles back to the 50's.

The randomly generated worlds would be everything but full worlds.

I agree. The random generator seems to create a number of uninteresting worlds. I seriously find regional worlds BORING. For a few months this winter there was no public full world with available space, but there were a number of boring regional worlds that seemed to remain open until they ended.

I think the most optimal would be to have 2 public full worlds, cycling through the decades. One would be in the 70s, the other in the 2000s. When they end the first world will start again in the 80s, while the second world will start back in the late 40s or early 50s.

There was also a time back when there was only one world, where the world only lasted 5 years, i think. That was fun and fast. It doesn't get bugged down in mega-airlines. 

O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03:11 pm
My original intention for better optimisation of the worlds was as follows:

2 Categories:
"Modern": 1985/1990-Present
"Old": 1919-1985/1990

With the possibility of splitting it into 3, 1950-1985/1990 and 1919-1949

There will always be a full world in one or more categories. The random generation kicks in when the quota of 1 full world is available in one of the categories. If there's no full world in any category, one is created.

Its open to modification however. I would also like to allow better promotion of Private Worlds. I had put together a world search function that was supposed to be more functional and attractive to use than a standard form, but when it finally got completed reception wasn't great amongst testers despite their feedback throughout the development.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk