1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: January 07, 2011, 07:22:54 pm
First page: Create Route
Here you will be able to select your departure airport and the destination airport.
Besides the drop-down menus, there should be a box to type the IATA-code of the desired destination, and a box for the ICAO.

Second page: Competition

You will be able to see the distance, route potential, competing routes (with the a/c, fare, airline with a link to its page, frequency). The map should be placed in the upper right corner, instead of in the middle.

Third page: Aircraft selection

A list of available aircraft, listed by hours left. Aircraft with 0.5 frequency left could be at the bottom.
Here, the distance should be shown, together with the block time at each aircraft. Also the range of each aircraft. At each aircraft is placed a link to its page. Maybe an ability to order the list? I think there is some kid of code enabling to do it without reloading the page.
Left untouched are the fields Aircraft Name, Fleet, Notes and Competition.

Fourth page: Price setting

The distance, block time, competition and airplane details are shown.
If it's possible, then each time I change the fare, the page doesn't reload, but I get the new loadfactor and profit.
If codeshare gets implemented, a field for setting a codeshare airline will be to the right of flight number.
The map would be situated in the upper right corner.

Fifth page: Route created!

A green box telling me the route has been created. The field for 'create new route' is below (first page). Also, a link to 'View Routes' is shown.

What do you think?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:41:44 pm
I haven't read your post but I've skimmed the structure. I'll see if I can dig out my notes for the revamp/re-design of the create route page for example purposes.

Edit, mixed up create route and gates.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:53:13 pm by StephenM »
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:33 pm
Alright I cannot find what I was looking for, thats the trouble of moving house every year.

My preferred position for the way create route is structured is to have a series of boxes on the same page to bring it all together. A bit like whats on the right of view airports. When you first come onto the page only the first box is open and there rest are "collapsed"/"minimised" (You just see headings for aircraft selection, competition, fare etc). As you complete each step, it minimises the previous one and opens the next one, allowing you to view everything or just one item on the same page. Specific attention will be drawn to key information items on the page through the use of font-size and colour rather than the usual rigid table structure used where it works effectively.

Improvements such as OCP for gates on the create route pages will also be added at that point, so you can get more slots if you run out. Certainly some of your suggestions from above will be included in the eventual work. I don't feel its worthwhile me going ahead with the changes unless Hotswap are a part of them (For the edit route portion) however and thats reliant on another developer.
Stephen Murphy

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:34:07 pm
I like Stephens idea the best. 1 page for everything :-*

:D
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:42:20 pm
Isn't it possible to calculate the loadfactor off-line? So every time I change the price it doesn't reload the page. Then, when I want to confirm the price change, it contacts the server to change the price. Is it possible?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:54:35 pm
Isn't it possible to calculate the loadfactor off-line? So every time I change the price it doesn't reload the page. Then, when I want to confirm the price change, it contacts the server to change the price. Is it possible?

I don't think its possible without releasing the load factor formula. Its possible to do it without reloading the page, I was learning the technology behind that through the OCP changes.
Stephen Murphy

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:27:00 pm
Ahh, okay. I will look forward to the day you make it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk