Airline Mogul Forum

Alliance etiquette?

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 29, 2011, 11:46:31 pm
I recently joined an Alliance in a fairly new world.  This is the first time I have been in an alliance, and I am wondering if there is some sort of code in joining.  One of the other members just opened up a new hub today, and I've got some new aircraft coming in in a couple of hours which I could use to fly some routes out to the new hub.  Is there a customary waiting period to let that player get established, or am I pretty much just good to go?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:53:13 pm
Ask the player if it's okay. It's the best way to be sure. Often the specific alliances have their rules stated in the in-game forums.

You could of course just open the route, but the safest thing is to ask.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 12:05:50 am
If it's an open alliance, then there really aren't any rules.

If it's a closed alliance, then there might be rules; however, if they aren't conveyed to you, then you can pretty much do what you want.

There really is no function to kick an airline out of an alliance (except proving that you have a majority of votes to kick out a member and informing an admin).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:32:17 am
I guess what I am really asking is it considered a jerk move to open up alliance routes in an alliance hub that the hosting player just opened.

The Alliance is closed, but I am already a member and there are no written rules

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 04:35:27 am
That is one strategy on how some large airlines grow even bigger: as soon as someone joins the alliance, you immediately use up all of the allocated alliance routes at their bases.

It's a jerk-ish move, but well within the rules (if there aren't any).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 04:57:35 am
I'd like to get as big as I can, but I don't plan on taking up all the spots.  There are three of us in the Alliance, so I figured I'd take about 10.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk