Airline Mogul Forum

Think about starting a new world, 91 years, full world, anyone interested?

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
AT THIS POINT THIS WORLD IS FULL.  I HAVE ALREADY BOOTED ONE PLAYER DUE TO INACTIVITY AND I AM SURE MORE WILL FOLLOW.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST, ADD A POST TO THE END OF THIS THREAD.  HAPPY FLYING.

I am open to suggestions as to the details, but this is what I have set in stone so far.

It will be a full world,  it will start in 1919, and it will last a full 91 years.  Hubs, both domestic and foreign, will be unlimited.

Other things, such as starting aircraft and gates and money and number of players are negotiable, but here is what I am thinking.

I want a small number of players, and I want ACTIVE PLAYERS!!!  The world I am in has about 375 players, and over 300 are inactive.  Boooo.

I am thinking about $500,000, on plane, and one gate for the starting amounts, primarily so we can have a real, start from scratch type of world.

As for number of players, probably about 10, thats it, but I am open to more.  Like I said, though, I want ACTIVE PLAYERS ONLY.

Would anyone be interested in this?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:42:48 pm by Dobbins »

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:22:28 am
You realize that means the game will last 3 years? Very few game worlds have any active players after 15-20 game years.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:26:43 am
1092 Days, four days shy of three years, considering next year is a leap year. :D

I only found this site a week ago, but this is the type of game I have always wanted to play.  I have frequently drawn up my own airlines routes using paintbrush and keeping track of flights on excel, only to give up once it became impossible to manage/accurately represent on a simple outline map and a spreadsheet.  This site does it for me, making it possible to just play the game.  I really couldn't care any less about finishing first or having the most money in the end, I just want to build an airline.

That being said, if anyone else cares to join me, I'd love to have them along, as long as they stay active.

If no one is interested, then so be it.  I have already considered creating what is a truly private world with just 1 slot, or even creating 10 slots but then using them all myself (a legacy carrier, several regional carriers, several foreign carriers, some discount carriers, etc).

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I'd definitely be interested. It'd be a world that could grow the largest airlines ever.

GPWestjet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Blaine's View
I would be interested greatly as you get almost 4 years to grow and expand your airline.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hmmm... That sounds like something I wanna do! Lmao... I'll be 19 by the time its done tho!

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Terrific, I figured that there would be at least a few other people interested.  I'll have to buy tokens for this, but I am thinking about starting coming weekend, say this Friday.  Is that too soon for anyone?

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Currently I'm saving up to get into AeroRevolency and Realistic world V2. So I dont know if I can do it this friday but I definitely would like to participate!

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I can hold off a bit if needed.  Another option is I can start the world this weekend and reserve a spot for you.  At this point, I am going to create the world and only give anyone who posts here or messages me a spot.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Either way works. Don't hold off just for me though. Start the world up whenever.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
So far it looks like only five slots.

Myself
Gopats
EastWest
GPWestJet
AirbusGuy

Gopats and GPWestJet, could you just confirm for me you do want in on this?

Anyone else?  I think I may start the world this weekend, although I may wait one more week in order to get a few more free tokens.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:46:06 am by Dobbins »

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I will eventually join but not right when the game starts. Probably 5-10 years into the game.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Thats fine, I'll add you to the list.  This will actually give it more of a realistic experience, since its not like every airlines started up at once anyway.

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I'll be Global United Air. I'll probably start out of ORD.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
With unlimited Hubs this will be very interesting.  I am looking to model Pan-Ams old Hubs in the US, and I will probably begin in New York (JFK).  For my international routes, I will probably operate a large hub in Asia, a large hub in Europe, and several focus cities for point to point flying with only a few gates.

I haven't decided on a name yet, but I am very tempted to actually go with Pan-Am.  Given that there is no longer an Airline flying named Pan-American, I don't think this will be a problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk