Airline Mogul Forum

2 Farman F.60 Goliaths-Now what?

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 01, 2011, 07:07:38 am
I just joind the game, and I did it quite late.  The game started in 1919, and I joined in 1982.  The starting Aircraft are the ones I have now, 2 Farman F.60 Goliaths.  It took me a while to get a hang of how this works, and I made several mistakes at the beginning, such as scrapping both planes (I didn't realize that they could still be used at first), and dropping one of my two starting gates at my hub to save money.  I managed to buy another Farman F.60 Goliath for VERY cheap, and its a good thing to, because if I hadn't got it, I would have been out of the game.

At any rate, I have since built up a small hub at Columbus, and I am serving seven cities with my two aircraft, and I am turning a decent profit.  I would like to expand beyond the 240 nm range and start serving larger cities with larger, faster aircraft.

As of now, I have thought of a few options.

1: Purchase a DHC-6-100.  Initiate some longer, more profitable routes.

2: Same as the first, but with a DHC-6-200

3: Purchase a third (and final) Farman F.60 Goliath, and service a few smaller cities within reach of Columbus. (There are a ton of Farmans in my world going for about 500K)

Or do something else, if I can get some suggestions.

Here is my airline, and thanks for the help.
Airline Mogul - See my airline

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:23 am
If you want to play to win:
Don't use more than 1x frequency. Fly to all airports near you. Don't try to fly to a big airport far away, although it gives a load of money, the plane would earn more money by flying to several near cities.

General advice:
Be aware of the plane age when buying from the aircraft market. Anything more than ~5-6 years (when talking about small planes) is not good. You can use it, but try to replace it asap.

I can't see the other options of aircraft in your world right now, but try to use aircraft search to find out if the DHC-6 is the best option (it might just be).

Maybe purchasing another Goliath could be the answer - what are the specs?

I hope this helped :)

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:42:37 am
I realize that the 1x flight to each destination tends to make more money in the long run, but I would really like to fly to most destinations at least 2x, much like major airlines do.  I really have no ambitions of winning the game, I just enjoy building up the airline.

The specs on my current aircraft are not good.  76mph, 240 nm limit, carries 14 people.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:13:56 am
Okay, don't buy another one. Save up to a DHC-6 (or similar) and watch your DOC rise and shine.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:07:19 am
Thanks for your help; I am saving up to Purchase a DHC-6-200.  I should be able to buy on about Monday or Tuesday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk