Aircraft Rankings

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:55 pm
Currently, when planes are scrapped, they still appear in the Aircraft Rankings. It would be better if they didn't appear there, as it is really confusing in longer worlds.

Then you can add a "all time rankings"-button to view all aircraft.

Also, when you are viewing the rankings of a specific aircraft, can you make it possible to put a link to the airline?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:08:39 am
I'm not following the ranking of scrapped aircraft idea. What should happen is a random number will be deleted from the database, the rest will be sent to brokers for them to sell on. The idea for the brokers getting them is that they have a duty to provide cheap small aircraft in a world, so if the big airlines don't want them and cannot sell them, they just give them to the brokers at a fraction of the cost.

All time rankings sounds like a monthly data capture of the fleet. Can you explain a bit more please?

Finally the alst one, yes thats one that annoys me. Also I want to add the aircraft name to the page so you don't have to look at the URL. Its my own fault its so short of information!  :lol:
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:02:54 am
I'm not following the ranking of scrapped aircraft idea. What should happen is a random number will be deleted from the database, the rest will be sent to brokers for them to sell on. The idea for the brokers getting them is that they have a duty to provide cheap small aircraft in a world, so if the big airlines don't want them and cannot sell them, they just give them to the brokers at a fraction of the cost.
Is it then possible to remove the listing of the aircraft until they have been bought by a broker? Maybe at the bottom of the list put a field "SCRAPPED", and the number of planes scrapped. And in the rankings not include scrapped planes (but when a broker gets them, the reappear).

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:27:07 pm
The broker receives them automatically, they don't have a choice in the matter which has caused a few of them to go into debt and never come out. (Players scrapping lots of big planes in a mature world)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:44:32 pm
But is it possible to hide the planes scrapped, until owned by another player?

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 01:54:44 am
If I'm correct you want two options, one for currently operated, or at least in service aircraft, and one that just shows how many of each have been bought.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:49:18 am
yes, you are correct :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk