Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft Overhaul/Refurbish Suggestion

Nipoel123

• Airline Operative
  • Commercial Pilot To Be
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:27 am
I'd love that! In my current airline, I've got several B757-200s, 33, to be precise, and I love them for their versatality, but some of them are coming close to replacement age. Now, I'm lucky that the B752 isn't withdrawn until 2004. But I've only just started serving S-America from my main hubs AMS and MSP. I'm using Il-62s for that, but just after I bought them, they were unavailable, withdrawn. They are pretty much the only aircraft I know with a huge range, and a capacity of around 200 PAX, which is perfect, as there isn't a very large demand for S-America from AMS. If I now had to replace them, because they got too old (read: to expensive to maintain), I would have to take a 763 or 772 when it comes out. Overhauling would be the perfect solution I think!   

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 10:09:06 pm
Yes, but if you guys are implementing hotswap... then this is useless. Hotswap is what keeps driving me away from the game. I'll build up a huge airline, and then get bored when I have to replace 200x A320s

YES! This is exactly what am needs. When you buy and aircraft that is exactly the same as the one before you should be able to automatically swap it for the older aircraft.

Vampyre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 10:37:58 am
Great idea, in the real world the longer anything goes with out maintenance the greater the risk of a breakdown, if this was brought in then everyone would have to get all aircraft checked or end up with their fleet grounded.  This would help smaller airlines as well as the larger ones would be able to lease out and sell the older aircraft cheaply to the smaller ones without bankrupting the smaller ones on maintenance cost for those older aircraft, lets face it we still have aircraft flying that are hitting 60 years plus thanks to dedicated enthusiasts keeping the likes of the DC 3 up and running for air shows and many third world countries have older planes as well, parts may not be available, but they produce them when then need them.  Every aircraft has a life span as well so although there is a withdrawn from service for new planes of that type, every aircraft could also have a service life viewable on the purchase, when the aircraft gets to that age to has to be scrapped no matter if you have serviced it or not.  Each service thats done on the aircraft should have a lesser effect on its cycle dependent on the aircrafts age, so if the life of the aircraft is 30 years and after 5 years you service it its almost like new, but if it is 28 years old then the service will see it to scrap age, but the maintenance costs would be as if it was say 25 years old.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk