Airline Mogul Forum

Private World #2396 - Real World (Creating Real-World Airlines)

steex · 48 · 15402

sunflowerair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 06:25:27 pm
Oneworld Alliance has been formed by British Air as Oneglobe.  Feel free to join up!

Thanks!

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 07:17:48 pm
We need some more Sky Team airlines, here is some interesting ones that are still free:

Americas:
AeroMexico

Europe:
Alitalia
Air Europa
Czech Airlines

Asia:
Korean Air

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 08:33:23 pm
Just joined as Korean A. Somehow Air got truncated to A. Based in Incheon.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 09:03:56 pm
Good to hear, we need some more Asian carriers :D

And feel free to join me in Africa too ;) Otherwise Central America should be empty, and South America has only one carrier.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 09:32:08 pm
First 27 routes are up. Looks like I have some work to do in Korea first before I expand anywhere else.

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 12:55:18 pm
Cale, feel free to join the Sky Team alliance (Sky Union in game)

lanchile

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 02:55:16 am
I will join as Czech Airways (Czech Airlines)

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:11 pm
Well, then you too shall be welcome to join Sky Union :D

lanchile

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 11:16:34 pm
Yes. I shall join the Sky Union.  :)

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 05:50:20 am
I'm confused here.

I thought the objective here is to create a real airline, but I noticed that Ansett Australia has moved into Incheon International Airport. As Korean A(ir) I'm a bit confused because as far as I can tell, Incheon International Airport has two major real-life carriers: Korean and Asiana. I can't seem to find an airline that has bases in the following airports:
  • Sydney Airport
  • Adelaide
  • Brisbane
  • Hong Kong - Chek Lap Kok International
  • Incheon International
  • Melbourne Tullamarine International
  • Perth
  • Tokyo Haneda International

One of the reasons I entered this world is because it was a great opportunity to simulate the routes and fleet of a real airline and if Ansett Australian was mimicking Asiana, I would welcome the competition, especially because Korean and Asiana have different fleets and different routes both domestically and internationally.

This just doesn't seem to be the case I am hoping for some clarification.

Thanks,

- Caleb

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 04:51:12 pm
I'm confused here.

I thought the objective here is to create a real airline, but I noticed that Ansett Australia has moved into Incheon International Airport. As Korean A(ir) I'm a bit confused because as far as I can tell, Incheon International Airport has two major real-life carriers: Korean and Asiana.

One of the reasons I entered this world is because it was a great opportunity to simulate the routes and fleet of a real airline and if Ansett Australian was mimicking Asiana, I would welcome the competition, especially because Korean and Asiana have different fleets and different routes both domestically and internationally.

This just doesn't seem to be the case I am hoping for some clarification.

Thanks,

- Caleb

I'm aware of the problem and have contacted each of the offending airlines without any response.  I guess the question is what do people want me to do about it?  I can boot them out of the world or force them into a reset, but that's really the only recourse I have.

I'm open to suggestion.

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 05:22:46 pm
They don't follow the rules, they shall be forced to reset, if they continue, they shall be kicked.

sunflowerair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 01:13:39 am
I wouldn't reset their airline right off.  I know that I occasionally spend time away from my airline.   

See if there's a creative answer.  With British Air, I've started recreating subsidaries and franchises of British Airways. I even built the direct Qantus codeshares because Qantus doesn't exist in this world.  If you're stuck, add a new carrier, but announce this in the world message boards. EasyJet did an excellent job of adding Emirates.

However, if they are still growing but not responding to the messages, they're ignoring them.

I would suggest:
1) asking them to either explain their expansion or close the incorrect hubs.
2) warn them that the rules are guidelines, but blatantly ignoring them is unacceptable.  Warn them that if they persist or ignore the warning, their airline will be reset.
3) reset their airline with the warning that repeat behavior will result in removal.
4) remove the airline from the world.

The world requires a password to join.  If they didn't read the rules, that is their mistake.  If they had no intention of following the spirit of the rules, then they shouldn't be part of a world that has rules.  Most of us joined, expecting to follow the rules. 

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 03:02:09 am
I wouldn't reset their airline right off.  I know that I occasionally spend time away from my airline.   

See if there's a creative answer.  With British Air, I've started recreating subsidaries and franchises of British Airways. I even built the direct Qantus codeshares because Qantus doesn't exist in this world.  If you're stuck, add a new carrier, but announce this in the world message boards. EasyJet did an excellent job of adding Emirates.

However, if they are still growing but not responding to the messages, they're ignoring them.

I would suggest:
1) asking them to either explain their expansion or close the incorrect hubs.
2) warn them that the rules are guidelines, but blatantly ignoring them is unacceptable.  Warn them that if they persist or ignore the warning, their airline will be reset.
3) reset their airline with the warning that repeat behavior will result in removal.
4) remove the airline from the world.

The world requires a password to join.  If they didn't read the rules, that is their mistake.  If they had no intention of following the spirit of the rules, then they shouldn't be part of a world that has rules.  Most of us joined, expecting to follow the rules.
This sounds good to me.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 04:51:11 am
Quick Update on Korean A(ir):
Link to airline

Bases
ICN/RKSI Incheon International (45 flights)
GMP/RKSS Gimpo International  (9 flights)
CJU/RKPC Jeju International (14 flights)
PUS/RKPK Gimhae (Busan) International (13 flights)
(KIX/RJBB Osaka - Kansai International has 4 flights as well - not yet an base in game)

Daily Pax: 26,371

Fleet
1x Airbus A330-200 (+1 on order), 5x Boeing 737-700, 2x Boeing 737-800, 5x Boeing 737-900

Routes
Domestic (within Korea):

This includes a daily "charter" to N. Korean (shown in orange).

Short and Medium Haul (Japan, North and Eastern China, Russia):

Short and Medium Haul (Southeastern China, Vietnam):

Long Haul (England and UAE):

A few FAQs:
  • The most common destination outside of our bases is China's Beijing Capital International with 4 flights daily. This represents 6.53% of Beijing Capital's traffic. Cheng Je, Nagoya - Central Japan International, Tokyo Narita International, and Ulsan Airport are all served 3x daily.
  • Korean Air operates 76 routes across 50 destinations.
  • The airspace between Incheon International and Jeju International is most frequently traveled, twice daily with the 739.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:52:42 am by Calebrw »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk