Airline Mogul Forum

Airline Mogul Celebrates 50,000 Users!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: January 29, 2012, 11:49:09 am
Airline Mogul Celebrates 50,000 Users!

After recently passing its 6th Birthday, the celebrations were kept quiet as the milestone of 50,000 registered users was fast approaching. And after those six short years the milestone has arrived! The game first started on the 23rd of December 2005 with a small community of airline game fans who wanted to see a fresh approach to the genre. Since then it has steadily been expanded due to the hard work and determination of Airline Mogul's voluntary staff, the very many users over the years and those who have helped keep Airline Mogul running by supporting it with paid tokens.

Progress on development of the game has always been at a steady pace, building a reliable game for everyone to enjoy, one of the biggest achievements of the game to date is the launch of the ever popular private worlds. Allowing users to play with their friends, co-workers, classmates, and other AM players has been a hugely successful addition to the game and continues to evolve to this day.

As part of these celebrations the staff at Airline Mogul decided to start it off by sharing a massive 2,000,000 tokens! Each existing user will receive approximately 40 free tokens to their account in the next 24 hours to allow them to join a new world, or add one of those ever useful premium features.

We will also improve the Aircraft Search feature to allow some greater functionality, and improve the visuals of the game by including some aircraft photos. Making a choice about an aircraft has never been easier, and with deeper integration with the aircraft market, it will make it easier and faster than ever to add a new aircraft to fleets. To start of 2012 we also released the long-awaited Reduce Terminal feature, and as the year progresses we aim to release Hotswap, a new Statistics Centre and some updates to the Maintenance of aircraft. Hotswap is currently under test and is expected to be released very soon.

Airline Mogul has always been reliant on the free time of the members of the community to contribute, we add to our staff pool occasionally and are ever grateful for all the work past and present players and staff have done for the game. As a recognition of this community spirit around the game, we are going to try something a little bit different. The first scenario based game will be created in the next 72 hours, where a group of only 50 users can join a pre-configured airline and work towards one of three goals. This exciting and challenging world will provide a new experience for those that have played Airline Mogul many times before and promises to bring a new dynamic to the game. In order to make it that bit more competitive we are also offering a prize of either a €25 voucher for Amazon or €45 worth of Paid Tokens. Those coming second and third will also have their pick of AM prizes.

So after reaching this first significant milestone I hope you will join with us in celebrating the achievement. We would like to thank you for playing Airline Mogul over these years and being a part of it. We look forward to what our 6th year brings and we hope you will get some fun out of it too.

Airline Mogul Staff
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:52:49 am
I love the Soyuz :D :-* :-*

O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:02:08 pm
Wow, that scenario-game sounds great! I'm in!

And once again, congratulations with the 50k users!

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:13:48 pm
Congratulations, AM!

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 07:27:57 pm
Wow, congrats AM! The game has come a long way since I first started playing this game. Keep it up! :)

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

JoshCherok

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 10:53:38 pm
I am truly surprised and impressed by the opportunities AirlineMogul offers us. I honestly am not sure why I am just finding this simulation. As an Aviation Management student at Kent State University, I am thankful for this opportunity.

I am gaining some experience through your simulation that can potentially give a rough idea of my future. Not too many people have this available to them.

Congratulations on 7 years!

Joshua M. Cherok

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:42:52 am by JoshCherok »
Joshua M. Cherok l Aviation
Kent State University l Kent, OH 44240
jcherok1@kent.edu

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 12:39:58 pm
And recently AM passed 60,000 users! :D

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:46 pm
Just wait until the day we pass 100,000 users :D

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 07:12:23 pm
It took about ~18 months to gain 10,000, so in theory we should pass 100,000 in 72 months, aka. in 2019. Hopefully it won't take that long.

Zackary

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 09:58:00 am
Hi I am truly surprised and impressed by the opportunities AirlineMogul offers us.

I honestly am not sure why I am just finding this simulation. As an Aviation Management student at Kent State University, I am thankful for this opportunity.

I am gaining some experience through your simulation that can potentially give a rough idea of my future.

Not too many people have this available to them.Congratulations on 7 years! :lol: :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk