Airline Mogul Forum

Things seem to be going slowly...

Guest · 6 · 2083

george7378

on: March 31, 2012, 02:22:32 pm
Hi everyone,

A week or so ago, I started my airline in Private World 2018 (game date of approx. 1940). Here's my link:

Airline Mogul - See my airline

My current DOC is 36,221 - that's fine. In my finances, I am only making about 30,000 profit every game month, and this number also drops every month, so I'll probably be in the red soon, and I don't see how I'm going to ever get myself going. I know that I'm not based in the best airport, but I never remember having this problem when I first played - I was well away within a few days.

So .. is this normal? Thanks!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 05:10:48 pm
It wouldn't surprise me, as your base is in a small airport, not near any big airport. With those small, slow planes, you will not earn the sufficient money to go around. Try restarting at a slightly bigger airport (southern India maybe?), and when you have enough money and suitable planes you can open a hub in the Maldives.

Just a short comment :)

george7378

Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 07:21:27 pm
Hi Matias,

That is probably what is wrong! I've actually started up in another world with a slightly better starting situation, which continues on until 2013. I am still going to keep going in the Maldives in my current world too, until I cannot make any more profit, at least :)

Thanks! :D

george7378

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 11:43:34 am
OK, I've got my airline running in another world, with 5 737-200s, and a DOC of 400,000, and when I look at my finances again, I don't seem to be making any progress:

Is it because of Male as my base again? I just seem to remember starting off at this base many times before, with no problems.

Airline Mogul - See my airline

Thanks for your help!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:48 pm
How old are your planes? It could also be that the revenue formula has been changed - Stephen may know more about that then me. But the aircraft age might have the biggest impact here.

george7378

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:25:23 pm
Ah, I just waited another day without doing anything, and now my finances are a lot better, with 3.5 million projected profit. I think it was because I just set up my airline so I had just spent a lot of money on gates and what not. Thanks for your help :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk