Airline Mogul Forum

Home Page Updates

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: April 01, 2009, 11:17:19 pm
OK, after the big pink square we had on the homepage, it's time for a fresh look. Enter the shiny, crisp, overall-better-looking index page. We'll quickly walk you through the features.

At A Glance
It's nice, it's kinda dynamic, and it's gonna be useful. When not logged in, the box displays some information about Airline Mogul. It will be expanded, this is kind of temporary. When logged in and in a world, the box displays some of your airline statistics, but at a glance. It's not everything, but it's something, and if you have suggestions about what else to put in, feel free to post right here.

Headlines
Below the At a Glance, we have the headlines. Again, when not logged in, it will show you the last three news items on Airline Mogul. Just click the link, and you'll see that news item and all the news items we have in our database. When logged in, you'll see the last three posts made in your world's info forum. So if you want to see your username on the AM homepage, this is your chance! (It's just in your world, but hey, it's a start ;) ) Don't want to see the forum posts? Click the link for news items, and you see news items. It's simple, but brilliant, if I may say so.

That's about it. Again, suggestions are welcome, after all, we rely on your input to make AM better and the best.

Oh, and for those who missed the pink thing:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:27:53 am by StephenM »

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:35:02 am
The home page is not displaying multiple airports correctly, see the picture:

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:04:32 am
Hm, for me four out of seven showed up and there was no problems with overlapping like in the picture. - Does it do that to you every time?
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:32:45 am
I looked at it in another world I am in and it was the same. I am using Google Chrome - that may have affected the page layout.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:45:58 am
Well, it's most likely your resolution. I'm using Chrome as well, but by looking at the pic you posted, it's clear that the box for me has more room than it has for you. I'll try to make the height of the thing slightly more dependant on what's inside.

Edit: Can you please check if it's still bugged for you?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:47:34 am by MrOrange »

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:02 am
I just checked it on a different computer and it is working fine. The names are not in bold any more though, but that may have been intentional.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:38 am
No, it's not intentional, that would be a browser problem (FF and, IIRC, IE don't show the bold on small text). Thanks for the feedback.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:55 am
this is a april prank isnt it? I havnt and cant visit the homepage cause I have no internet and schools blocked it

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 01:44:40 pm
Yes, I made an entirely new index page just to annoy you.

Aristotles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 07:49:40 pm
I think it would be awesome to create a whole new site design, a really nice clean, enticing design. I also play another virtual game at erepublik.com and it would be awesome if it looked like that!

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 08:01:09 pm
I think it would be awesome to create a whole new site design, a really nice clean, enticing design. I also play another virtual game at erepublik.com and it would be awesome if it looked like that!
well we have just changed the homepage already less than a month ago so I don't think we will/people want a new homepage

on a tangent, that site looks good. really funny that iran owns most of asia and russia and Indonesia has got most of russia  :lol:

ba4

Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 09:07:33 pm
It looks a bit ''writing world to me''!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk