Airline Mogul Forum

New Game, No Planes to Lease

Dae Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 11, 2012, 09:05:27 pm
Forum code: Airline Mogul - See my airline
World Info URL: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=2404
DOC: $191,328

The game in world #2404 is just getting started.  I've only played Airline Mogul in one other world before, in a world that was fairly developed with planes to lease, which allowed a new start-up airline to grow fairly rapidly.  This world just started today, so there's no planes to lease.  I'm curious to know if I simply have to wait to save up enough money to buy new planes to be able to expand my airline, or is there some mechanic that I'm missing.

My plane is already running at 100% loadout and only has .19 hours remaining, so I think I've maximized the profit-making potential of the one plane that I do have.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 10:44:03 am
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Even though you don't get any planes to lease in the first part of the game, you'll earn money fast. In many private worlds there aren't any planes to lease so it is not abnormal for many players to grow without leases.

Dae Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 05:25:14 pm
Alrighty.  I'm guessing this makes plane purchase selection pretty important, then?  Sometimes it might be worthwhile to wait an in-game month to get a bigger, faster plane rather than a smaller one?  (depending on factors just as current gate rentals and range)?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:20:14 pm
Usually, I would decide on a good 15-25 seater - cheap. Use the aircraft search to rapidly compare planes.

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 06:29:53 pm
I would look for some 20 - 30 seater and as possible make short routes to 50k gates, as turbotrops are slow and low number of seats will not make much profit difference  between flights to expensive gates and 50k gates.
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk