Airline Mogul Forum

Sorting airport

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:02 pm
Hey I don't know if it has been suggested but it is something I always wish was implemented when I make a new base.

The example:
You have just made a new base and have started making some routes from it. But there is so many different airports and you cannot remember which is already served from your new base.

The solution:
A small button which you click after having chosen the departure airport. This will remove all the airports which you are already serving from the selected airport

???

Profit.

But seriously, it would make at least my life so much easier and I don't think it is too hard to make (I am no coder, so I am probably wrong  :-X)

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 07:43:41 am
The feature you are looking for is in the 'Gate Search' feature. When searching, a little red triangle indicates you do not have a route, and a green triangle indicates that you do have a route. By selecting 'Show my own gates' you also get a circle indicating whether you already have a gate at that airport or not.

Gate search:
http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/gate_search.php

I would recommend you to use improved gate search, it increases the usability tremendously and only costs 60 free tokens (or 10 paid)

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:41:36 pm
But that is not the feature I am looking for I think :)

I am looking for a feature which lets you remove all the airports from the dropdown menu which you already operate a route to from the pre selected airport. In other words, you select the departure aiport, press the button, and only airports which you do not have any routes to from the departure airport is shown.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 10:17:59 pm
Well, you can see which routes you are not operating in the gate search, and there is a button to create a route on the search page.
But if you would rather use the 'Create Route' option, you can do this to quickly create a route to a specific airport:

1. select the desired departure airport and press enter
2. press tab on your keyboard (the button above caps lock with two arrows on it) to select the next menu
3. press 'a', then tab
4. type in the first three letters of the desired airport, it should now be highlighted on the list. If not, use the down arrow key to find your airport.
5. press tab and then enter. Done!

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 01:47:32 pm
I am still unable to find out how to create a route from the gate search page. You can only auto rent 1 gate, view or rent.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:25:17 pm
Are you sure you can't see a white box in the far right of the table listing the airports saying 'Create Route'? What browser are you using?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk