Airline Mogul Forum

it is very tired edit nearly 100 routes daily

o_o · 53 · 10086

o_o

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:35 pm
it is very tired edit nearly 100 routes daily
is there any system that will provide automactically edit function to pre-setted market percentage?
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/10993.gif[/img]

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:59:47 pm
If there was, fares would drop to €1 very quickly as soon as there's competition on a route, as the system would lower everyone's fares constantly until they reach the minimum. Is that what you want to have?
img]http://www.herrgoda.de/shack/logo.jpg[/img]
W4 - 11377

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 03:05:01 pm
Quote from: "o_o"
is there any system that will provide automactically edit function to pre-setted market percentage?

Its work in progress. I did the initial user interface. Will is working on the formula, then we have to finish the user interface, test it and we are done. Of course Will working on this feature reduces time on Private Worlds and anything else he has planned. So it takes longer.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

OliAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:30:04 pm
Although editing 300 or more routes daily can be tiring I feel it is one of the few things slowing down the extreme growth of airlines in AM, therefore is a good thing.

OliAir

Crow

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 07:56:00 pm
Quote from: "OliAir"
Although editing 300 or more routes daily can be tiring I feel it is one of the few things slowing down the extreme growth of airlines in AM, therefore is a good thing.

OliAir

I must agree, many people get tired after a while as you have to edit a lot of routes to keep your airline in shape.
Hope you guys find a solution for this :)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:36 pm
There appear to be some people that are using a Greasemonkey-likes script to update routes. That's the only way I see how they can keep 99+% load factors 24 hours a day. Even if you had a team of players, they would get tired of constantly updating routes.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:19:59 pm
It can actually be done using Greasemonkey with little effort and moderate JavaScript knowledge. I scripted something similar for an online community a while ago, nothing special, but that pet could be amended to update your routes. And before anyone asks: I won't send it anywhere...
I usually have AM running minimized while working (which is 12-14 hours a day) and keep checking every 30-60 minutes or so. Keeps LFs high, and with some common sense your LFs won't drop again 5 mins after editing.
img]http://www.herrgoda.de/shack/logo.jpg[/img]
W4 - 11377

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 12:19:03 pm
It's what you guys DESERVE for RUINING the routes daily.  :wink: Just leave them alone. 80% avg. load wouldn't matter would it?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:13:58 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
It's what you guys DESERVE for RUINING the routes daily.  :wink: Just leave them alone. 80% avg. load wouldn't matter would it?

so your saying that having a 100% LF on a high cap route is ruining it? jps, sober up will you

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 02:03:36 pm
Has to be scripts.  Some games have a no-scripts rule while others like AE and AM don't.

Wish I knew programming!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:53 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
Has to be scripts.  Some games have a no-scripts rule while others like AE and AM don't.

Doesn't mean to say that if we find a way to stop it we wont. ;)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:20:33 pm
well scripts to me are inherently not fair to those that dont use them.

scott in philippines

sl1ppy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 07:51:26 pm
So there isn't a no scripts rule?
l1p Air [FT]
ID: 8163

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 08:05:17 pm
Quote from: "sl1ppy"
So there isn't a no scripts rule?

According to this reminder, there is.

Quote from: "dktc"
- We have reasonable suspicion that some players are using automated scripts or bots to create / update routes / purchase planes. Please respect this game and your fellow players and stop using those before you get caught.

What is missing in all this discussion, however, is some hint as to the advantage of using any kind of script to update routes. With manual updating there is already a tendency for prices to fall rapidly towards €1. Get some automation in there and, unless someone comes up with a fantastic AI algorithm, routes will be ruined faster than you can press Start.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 08:36:41 pm
Quote from: "mg35pt"

What is missing in all this discussion, however, is some hint as to the advantage of using any kind of script to update routes. With manual updating there is already a tendency for prices to fall rapidly towards €1. Get some automation in there and, unless someone comes up with a fantastic AI algorithm, routes will be ruined faster than you can press Start.

I can't imagine it being very difficult to script programmed only to run once prior to the hour change. Heck, to avoid being detected even further (IIRC, there are logs that track every time a route is updated), you could only run it 12-14 hours a day (to simulate someone with nothing better to do than sit in front of a computer to update routes every hour--which I also suspect happens).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk