Airline Mogul Forum

A thought on running it

Fly Europa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 11, 2008, 11:35:45 pm
I thought about how to run a semi hybrid network. You have a network programmed in which people rent slots on to use track Say 1 slot pr mile of single track.

London to Edinburgh- 400 something miles. 400 slots of trains. Say its double track you double that becauses there is 400 mile of two tracks so 800 slots.

Also you can if the track has no slots left you can Build An extension of existing track. So add to currant track. Say 100,000 per 100 miles of new track.

You may also want to add slots for a station. You could also do the same and extend station and add more slots if slots are in short supply.

Thanks
Hope this is of Value
Fly Europa
Fly Europa The World is at your feet.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:59:42 am
Also, you could build a bigger track and rent it out. Also have basing stations. You can only depart from these basing stations. Unless you depart from a partner station. These partner would be people in your train company. Its like an alliance.   You have members from all over the world. You can have service to different continents too. But only if the continent touch and if the train can travel the distance.  But that train that can travel that distance has to make stops. But you can only have a few of these trips that need to make stops. Also the only way to travel to different continents is if they touch. For example.
Europe to Asia(works) Europe to MiddleEast(works) Europe to Africa via Middle East(Works). North America to Central America(works) North America to South America via Central America(works) Asia to Africa via Middle East(works) Australia to Asia(does not work)cause there is no conneting bridge for a train to use to cross. You get my point.

These are just a few idea's

cheers Doug

Wizzie

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 06:53:09 am
Quote from: "Vamerica"
Also, you could build a bigger track and rent it out. Also have basing stations. You can only depart from these basing stations. Unless you depart from a partner station. These partner would be people in your train company. Its like an alliance.   You have members from all over the world. You can have service to different continents too. But only if the continent touch and if the train can travel the distance.  But that train that can travel that distance has to make stops. But you can only have a few of these trips that need to make stops. Also the only way to travel to different continents is if they touch. For example.
Europe to Asia(works) Europe to MiddleEast(works) Europe to Africa via Middle East(Works). North America to Central America(works) North America to South America via Central America(works) Asia to Africa via Middle East(works) Australia to Asia(does not work)cause there is no conneting bridge for a train to use to cross. You get my point.

These are just a few idea's

cheers Doug

Maybe we can build an underground tunnel from PNG to Queensland
MelAir (MLA)
ID: 11730
Flying you there in luxury
Official member of the unofficial "I need help" club

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:24:22 pm
Perhaps we can have railway ferries to cross the water :?:
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 05:27:58 pm
Like between Italy and Sicily?
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:11:55 pm
Quote from: "EXTspotter"
Like between Italy and Sicily?

Yes. Perhaps it could be Iarnrod and Ferry mogul?

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:02:38 pm
Add intercity bus services too.  Now we can call it Iarnrod, Ferry, Intercity Bus, and Much More Mogul :D

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 04:03:17 am
hmmm.... doesn this remind me of transportation tycoon?
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:52 am
Quote from: "nwadeltaboy"
Add intercity bus services too.  Now we can call it Iarnrod, Ferry, Intercity Bus, and Much More Mogul :D

And trucks, and cargo ships, and they all compete against each others, AND airlines :lol:  Transport Mogul :twisted:

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:55:01 pm
LOL, Transport Mogul! Good one. But maybe actually I like the idea to be honest...
Pavel

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 04:25:09 pm
That would be fun to code :p

No chance in hell.
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 08:55:52 pm

I am going to do some thinking about how the game could work over the next few days. I'll report back here with my findings.

European Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 08:49:11 am
And city bus, trams, trolleybus and taxi and helicopters and metro and... many other things :D

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 09:16:18 pm
When does some of the work actually start?
Pavel

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 09:36:47 pm

Non is planned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk