Airline Mogul Forum

Error in researching route (planes listed that can fly the route but can't)

gisa · 6 · 1303

gisa

• Airline Operative
  • "You can have it all but how much do you want it?"
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I will try to fill this out to the best of my abilities...apologies in advance!

ID: (Route) Toronto - San Francisco
Type: Incorrect listing for planes available to fly that route (in this particular case, the Boeing 727-200)
Description: Upon researching this route and the planes that are capable of flying it, I saw the Boeing 727-200 listed as capable of flying it.  However, the distance is more than the plane can fly. I double check just to be safe anyhow but yeah...
Airline Details: Gisa Airlines ID 21702 - [Public World # 350]

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mr. Gisa ^^
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:50:21 am by gisa »
Gisa Airlines: Gateway Into South Africa!
Sky Knights: The sky is the bottom limit!

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Not bug  but B727-200 has two options on engines and with PW JT8D-7 can fly 2299 nm with less speed 514.
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
There may be different engine variants available for the 727-200.

The stats you see on the Purchase Aircraft screen (the list with the various types of aircraft, eg. 737-400, 737-500, 747-400...) are just for the default plane.

To select a different variant, go to purchase the aircraft as normal. Click Buy button, and you come to a page where you can choose the number of planes you will buy. There will some times be a drop down box under "Engines" (not all aircraft have different engine variants).

In this drop down box, you can select various engines. Different engines will have different ranges, speeds, fuel usages and prices. Most of the time, the default engine is in the middle, with shorter and longer ranged variants available.

E.g.
Boeing 777-300
1- 4465 nm, $247 million
2 - 4660 nm, $250 million
3 (Default) - 6570 nm, $276 million
4 - 6852 nm, $280 million.

Say you wanted to run a route of 6700 nm, Route Research would say the 777-300 works, however the aircraft list would not.

Remember, you can investigate the different engine variants without purchasing (just change the setting in the drop down box, and the page reloads). You can easily save money by using variants with less range but also get extra range on aircraft. I did this with A319s, purchasing ones with 2000 nm range for European flights but over 4000 nm range for trans-Atlantic flights.

gisa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Gosh I feel stupid.  Sorry, the first boeing I've purchased hasn't arrived yet and I am still a certified noobie.  Thanks for clearing that up guys!

8)

Mr. Gisa ^^

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Will look into it.

edit: Was tired last night, didn't see your response about it being undelivered.  No biggie gisa, enjoy it when it delivers.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:03:49 am by Air Elbonia »
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

gisa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I will have to consider modifying the engines on other deliveries.  This will require some research *insert diabolical laugh here*.  My first boeing is out there making money but... not nearly as much as I had hoped.  When I think about it's seating and it's price tag though, I suppose I shouldn't complain. :)  Thanks for the strategy tip though CHR and thanks for trying to help anyhow Air Elbonia.

8)

Mr. Gisa ^^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk