Airline Mogul Forum

Count to 10,000

hay-airlines · 5009 · 621947

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #4230 on: April 04, 2018, 06:38:53 pm

Well the North American part of it was when I was a kid.

And then after that, I guess I was both curious and restless. I always want to discover what is on the other side of that mountain, or ocean... Plus, I love to fly on airplanes, so anything is a good excuse!

Thailand was a great adventure, I bought a one way ticket, I really wanted to discover a new culture and language (which I learned somewhat, but have now mostly forgotten unfortunately). Had to come back after 18 months when I ran out of money.

Where in Scandinavia are you from? Apart from Copenhagen which I visited twice, the rest of it remains uncharted territory for me, but I'd like to discover it sometime.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4231 on: April 05, 2018, 08:29:38 pm

I would love to have been able to go around the world like that. Flying is great! Especially when you fit into the seat (which I don't haha).

Copenhagen is my hometown, a very nice city. I haven't been much around, only on vacations.
What did you think of Copenhagen?

Nosy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4232 on: April 08, 2018, 06:10:41 am

What airline names do you usually use in game worlds? I use Swan Air.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4233 on: April 08, 2018, 03:29:32 pm

I use names that reflect where it is, usually. Like Atlanta Lightning, AussieWings, Trans African Airlines, Viking Airlines. But the name could also say a bit about what kind of airline it is, for example BizJet for the business oriented airline I had out of Luxembourg, Strasbourg and Geneva.
But I always use a new name every time. I like that, it's fun to make up names

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4234 on: April 09, 2018, 10:06:15 am

Copenhagen is my hometown, a very nice city. I haven't been much around, only on vacations.
What did you think of Copenhagen?

I enjoyed the city very much, it has such a laid-back and peaceful atmosphere, I find. And it's very nice to walk around and explore...
My girlfriend has not been there yet, and its at the top of her list, so we might go for a weekend there soon, but its not yet in our immediate plans.

Next two weeks we will go travel in Bretagne and another part of France. But no airplanes on that trip, just a lot of driving.

What airline names do you usually use in game worlds? I use Swan Air.

My all time favorite which I have used on several occasions is "PACIFIC AERO". At the moment I have an airline based in Asia, so its called "Southern Orient". Since my airlines often span several continents though, I need a more generalized name rather than a local name, so that it can appeal to travelers from all over the world! But I tried out a couple of other names too. I realize its been around 8 years that I've been playing Airline Mogul!

I came up with an airline motto though, which is invariably the same : "Flying you there in safety, comfort & style".

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4235 on: April 09, 2018, 07:23:07 pm

Go to Copenhagen not in July or August, it's packed with tourists then. Try September or late May instead :) Write me a PM if you want some more tips on what to do and where to stay

[...]My all time favorite which I have used on several occasions is "PACIFIC AERO". [...]
Aaah, that's you!!! I see that name quite often

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4236 on: April 10, 2018, 09:42:09 am

Go to Copenhagen not in July or August, it's packed with tourists then. Try September or late May instead :) Write me a PM if you want some more tips on what to do and where to stay

Thanks for the info! The first time I came I was 18, on an Interrail trip through Europe. It was the middle of Summer. It was so packed and expensive that we had to rent a room in somebody's house, quite a ways outside of the town center. The second time was more recent, in the Springtime: it was perfect weather, and indeed not so crowded, we found a hotel in the middle of the city, I'm not quite sure where though.

Same, if ever you make it down to Paris or Vienna, do please reach out if you need advice. Did you ever visit those cities?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4237 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:56 pm

Thanks for the offer :) I haven't been to Paris recently, and I don't like tourist crowds. So I guess I won't go there, hehe. Vienna is on the list though! So, soon, hopefully!

Nosy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4238 on: April 12, 2018, 02:00:00 am

Going on a holiday in the near future?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4239 on: April 12, 2018, 06:19:48 am

Not soon :(

Nosy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4240 on: April 14, 2018, 04:54:33 am

Do you rest on the weekends? Or do you have to work?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4241 on: April 14, 2018, 08:48:28 am

Not actual weekends, but I often have 2-3 days off in a row. Thank god :P

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4242 on: April 15, 2018, 01:30:28 pm

Sure, there are some places in Paris full of tourists.

But it is such a huge city that actually most of the city is without tourists, and sometimes those are the best places to discover! So if you want to avoid the crowds of Montmartre or directly under the Eiffel Tower, let me know, I'll show you the way.... :)

I found an internet connection here in the middle of Bretagne, nice isolated place we are in... one more week of vacation, and then I will further enhance my airline empire!!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4243 on: April 16, 2018, 10:38:01 am

Well, it's usually near the sights that it is crowded :P And the sights are the reasonyou go. But thanks for the offer!

Bretagne, that sounds rural, like a relaxing place

Nosy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4244 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:32 am

Do you travel much?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk