Airline Mogul Forum

New, increased penalties

dktc · 26 · 6946

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: February 29, 2008, 01:46:30 am
We have decided to bump up the penalty for violations of the game rules. The following list is the new penalty policy for first timers, with the old one listed as comparison. Please be aware that we are using progress discipline, and for second offence, you will get a much more severe penalty (timed suspension + account reset in certain cases).

Multi-accts

old - 10% airline value of the reactivated account
new - 20% airline value of all accounts combined (except those with negative value~)

Feeder

old -120% gain + 20% airline value of the reactivated account
new - 200% gain + 30% airline value of all accounts combined (except those with negative value~)

n.5's abuse

old - 120% gain + 10% airline value
new - 200% gain + 20% airline value

The penalties are non-negotiable. As a general rule, don't do anything suspicious. Report to us if you are sharing a computer / internet connection with another player before we get to you. We try to be reasonable and fair, but we would not compensate on any lost productivity during the period you got banned from the game because of suspicious activities, regardless whether you are convicted or not.

Please also see the reminder thread to renew your knowledge of our game rules and policies.

Thanks for your cooperation.

On behalf of Membership Department from Bryce Rea and Daniel Chan
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 09:44:41 am
What's a feeder per se?  I've seen that term used a lot and can only deduce that it would be a second account that's laundering planes back and forth to siphon off money or selling planes from the dummy account at 50%.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:52:59 pm
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
What's a feeder per se?  I've seen that term used a lot and can only deduce that it would be a second account that's laundering planes back and forth to siphon off money or selling planes from the dummy account at 50%.

Correct. And we also consider dummy account used to gate hog as feeder.

The board definition is "having more than one account and use them to gain unfair advantage for one or more of the accounts controlled".
D Express (id 616) 8)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 12:59:56 pm
Would this be feeding:

I'm filthy stinking rich and an alliance member is struggling making a living on the south pole and I want to give him a plane for almost free, so I sell it to him at 50%, he sells it bcak at 133% and I resell it to him again at 50%.
It's not really money laundering, no financial gain on my side, and we are not related in any other way than being in the same alliance.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 01:02:19 pm
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"
Would this be feeding:

I'm filthy stinking rich and an alliance member is struggling making a living on the south pole and I want to give him a plane for almost free, so I sell it to him at 50%, he sells it bcak at 133% and I resell it to him again at 50%.
It's not really money laundering, no financial gain on my side, and we are not related in any other way than being in the same alliance.

That would be considered a suspected feeding. There is financial gain on the other side. But then again, if you are not connected, we probably won't spot it, unless someone report that the start-up is somehow getting too much money, then you may be in trouble.

All we want is fair play, and that is not fair... so we will try to convict you :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 01:08:51 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Would this be feeding:

That would be considered a suspected feeding. There is financial gain on the other side. But then again, if you are not connected, we probably won't spot it, unless someone report that the start-up is somehow getting too much money, then you may be in trouble.

All we want is fair play, and that is not fair... so we will try to convict you :wink:

Happy hunting  :twisted:

Just checking (insert emoticon with halo here)
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:00:43 pm
what do you mean by 200% gain?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 10:04:58 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
what do you mean by 200% gain?

For n.5's we take the difference on DOP before and after we close all your related routes, then times the longest period the routes have been there (yes, we keep track as well), then times 2.

For feeders, we take the 133% price of plane minus the actual price of plane (usually 50%) the recipient paid, and then add up the DOP of those planes like above, then add the laundered cash, then times 2.

I will tell you this: the base value we come out as "gain" will never be less than the direct gain you got, but may not account for the time-value-money (ie. compounding ROI) aspect. We would usually maximize the figure.
D Express (id 616) 8)

littledog621

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 02:00:31 pm
Hi dktc! Im a fd of a certain airline. He has a multi-ac . The certain airline is his second ac ,  another certain airline is his first ac.

edit by killian320 - please do not accuse players in public, please email daniel.chan[at]airlinemogul[dot]com directly
img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7863/balogogatewaytranspareneh2.gif[/img]

[size=24]British Airways , #4 world , id=7933[/size]

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 12:02:25 am
wat is .5 abuse, you cant use to many .5 frequencies?

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 12:10:26 am
you can only have 2  X.5 on one route

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 02:07:27 am
Quote from: "dktc"
Would this be feeding:

..... :D  :twisted:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

evo300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 08:37:39 am
why are you putting a gain on .5 abuse?

it will just make people do it more.

if you want it to stop then put a negetive percentage on it
indmarsh Airlines
(id 6745)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 08:38:53 am
Quote from: "evo300"
why are you putting a gain on .5 abuse?

it will just make people do it more.

if you want it to stop then put a negetive percentage on it

The fine is a total of 120% of the gain by using the 0.5 route and 10% of airline value. It's not a gain, it's a fine.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 01:35:31 pm
Lol... I just read multi-addicts :P
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk