Airline Mogul Forum

Reminder: Zero Tolerance

dktc · 8 · 2582

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:38 am
Just to remind all of you we do have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards any and all violations of the game rules, including but not limited to
- multiple *.5 freq (Including 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 etc)
- more than 1 account per user
- feeder of any sort

Any users sharing the same computer / internet connection should make it known to <staff@airlinemogul.com> and make sure I reply to let you know your email has been received. No business relationship in any form (apart from same alliance) is allowed between the accounts involved.

In the past couple of weeks, a lot of account have been deleted. There have been several cases in which accounts have been mistakenly deleted, in the sense that they were identified as multiple accounts while they were in fact different players sharing the same computer. We will NOT be held responsible of any data lost for such misunderstanding because it is the players' responsibility to make sure we know they are sharing a computer in the first place.

In the past few days, multiple accounts have been deleted without any notification as well, unless both accounts are extensive and very active. That being said, it would be up to me to guess which account you would want to keep, and trust me to say that that is not always in the best interest of you all. As a result, let me know if you have more than 1 account. I usually waive the administrative fee on the penalty, if that applies, if you give yourself up. Otherwise, if you find your account mysteriously disappeared one day, don't come complaining. You have been warned.

Please spread the words to your friends, relatives, and whatever forums you are on that talks about AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, we have recently discovered a scam using an inactive account to feed certain players from a forum / alliance through leases. That is still considered feeder behavior. The players involved will receive penalties in the very near future.

Yet another side note is that whoever that uses something@sjc.edu.hk to register multiple fake accounts, please stop it. This is your last warning. The school administration will receive compliants coupled with any and all evidences we can and will collect upon any further incidents. Other related authorities, possibly including the Hong Kong Police, would also be notified if deemed appropriate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all want to enjoy this game with high moral standards. Please respect yourself, your fellow players, the adminsitrators, and your priviledge to enjoy this game, and follow the game rules.

I understand how hard it is for some of you (especially the teenagers and the "tweens") to conform to authority, and to behave and not rebel. However, that is life. (Oh well... who am I kidding? They would never listen. :roll: )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

DarthRobby

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:00:58 am
Quote from: "dktc"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, we have recently discovered a scam using an inactive account to feed certain players from a forum / alliance. That is still considered feeder behavior. The players involved will receive penalties in the very near future.

Yet another side note is that whoever that uses something@sjc.edu.hk to register multiple fake accounts, please stop it. This is your last warning. The school administration will receive compliants coupled with any and all evidences we can and will collect upon any further incidents. Other related authorities, possibly including the Hong Kong Police, would also be notified if deemed appropriate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, tough penalties, what would the police do though?
img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/suncountrynwa/undeadair.jpg[/img]
Undead Air

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:06:22 am
Quote from: "DarthRobby"
Wow, tough penalties, what would the police do though?

Trust me, I am not in a good mood, with the extra work I had the past couple of days. And the penalties WILL progress as my mood go south.

The HK Police has a department specialized in internet crimes. They catch hackers and such, who steal weapons / other "things" from online games. (I know it sounds weird to other nationalities :lol: ). We will seriously look into what they could do if we are further disturbed by the mentioned user(s).
D Express (id 616) 8)

DarthRobby

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 04:08:22 am
ya, I am not either, I have a giant research project (took me a month to do) and my teacher was unsatisfied with it, so I have to do it all tonight
Anyways, it is cool that the HK police have an internet crime division, must be a fun job!
img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/suncountrynwa/undeadair.jpg[/img]
Undead Air

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 04:19:55 am

On a side note, we have recently discovered a scam using an inactive account to feed certain players from a forum / alliance. That is still considered feeder behavior. The players involved will receive penalties in the very near future.

Spill the beans! Who? And what kind of penalties?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 04:23:25 am
This is a game. Hk police need to be left out.
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 04:24:36 am
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

Spill the beans! Who? And what kind of penalties?

I won't say who, and the penalties are yet to be determined. It will involve suspension (and the delay in reactivation that comes with it), $$ (or maybe I should use the pound sign instead), and result in something they WILL not like. I am also going to revise the current penalty system as a whole, which seems not to be sufficient.
D Express (id 616) 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 04:25:38 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
This is a game. Hk police need to be left out.

If someone creates 50 accounts twice a week with fake emails, just for the sake of creating them and to force us to delete them, is that a game? :evil:

Anyway, this is NOT a discussion thread. If you want to discuss this, create a new thread in General Chat.
D Express (id 616) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk