Airline Mogul Forum

Zero Tolerance

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 13, 2007, 07:02:39 am
If it's going to different cities.. sure it's fine... but since the loadfactor script is changed, i suggest 0.5 airliners to use 1 frequencies instead because it affects 0.5 frequencies more than it does to 1 freq.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 13, 2007, 07:30:31 am
Quote from: "Jps"
If it's going to different cities.. sure it's fine... but since the loadfactor script is changed, i suggest 0.5 airliners to use 1 frequencies instead because it affects 0.5 frequencies more than it does to 1 freq.

Without competition 0.5 frequencies to different cities make more money than 1 frequncies to different cities.

If you do a 0.5 frequency route without competition you can almost double the fare vs. 1 frequency on that same route.  It may be slightly less than double so you don't make quite as much money on the route.

BUT....

Since you're only operating a 0.5 frequency you only use up half the hours on the route, while still making just as much money.  If you do it for all your routes you've basically given yourself a 48 hour airplane.  It's a cheap unrealistic way to double your plane's hours, and in my mind it should be classified as cheating.  

No more than one 0.5 frequency route per plane is the rule in real life, and it should be the rule in the game.  

The only exception is if you can trace a realistic daily route for that plane.  For example, if a plane can do a 0.5 frequency route from City A to City B, another 0.5 frequency from City B to City C, and another 0.5 frequency from City C to City D.  That would mean the plane spends one night in City A, the next night in City D, then back to City A and so on.

The unrealistic stuff is when a plane does 0.5 frequencies from one hub to 7 different cities during a day.  That would mean the plane overnights in 7 different places at once, which is obviously unrealistic.
lying Badger Airlines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 13, 2007, 07:41:10 am
Yea ... Turkey in Middle East... Mexico in Central America.. flying to North Korea is already unrealistic  :lol:

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 13, 2007, 09:44:15 am
Yea ... Turkey in Middle East... Mexico in Central America.. flying to North Korea is already unrealistic  :lol:

Ever heard of Air Koryo?

Ok, they only transport the high-ranking party members, but nonetheless!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 13, 2007, 01:59:19 pm
Quote from: "Max2147"

The unrealistic stuff is when a plane does 0.5 frequencies from one hub to 7 different cities during a day.  That would mean the plane overnights in 7 different places at once, which is obviously unrealistic.

And, yet, it's still within the current rules, and if you look at most of the currently high ranking players, it's what they're doing.

I started out with all my routes at 1 freq. as I figured I'd play "legit", but since just about everyone else is blowin past me, I might just change mine for now. I do I think it's bad game mechanics, but not doing it currently gimps you.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 13, 2007, 02:00:57 pm
Quote from: "Daemonfly"
And, yet, it's still within the current rules, and if you look at most of the currently high ranking players, it's what they're doing.

I would like to point out most high ranking players you see right now have been banned due to deifferent reasons. Their accounts just haven't got deleted yet, which is why you still see them on the ranking list. :D
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 13, 2007, 02:04:16 pm
Yea but it still affects people since their routes are still there?

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 02:12:25 pm
I heard there will be a lot of football and rugby today.  That may be causing the delay among our admins!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 13, 2007, 02:13:53 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
I heard there will be a lot of football and rugby today.  That may be causing the delay among our admins!

Come on France! 8)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Rob Hirst

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 13, 2007, 02:37:43 pm
Come on England!!

I do think the 0.5 frequency thing should be taken off the game altogether. I know in real life it happens but it would make the game fairer, and to a certain extent more challanging. Sod the cheaters, I'm not too bothered about the rankings. If I do well without cheating I'll be happy. The uys are only kidding themselves at the end of the day. If they didn't cheat they'd probably be stuck at the bottom of the table.

Rob

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 02:39:59 pm
Quote from: "Rob Hirst"
Come on England!!

I do think the 0.5 frequency thing should be taken off the game altogether. I know in real life it happens but it would make the game fairer, and to a certain extent more challanging. Sod the cheaters, I'm not too bothered about the rankings. If I do well without cheating I'll be happy. The uys are only kidding themselves at the end of the day. If they didn't cheat they'd probably be stuck at the bottom of the table.

Rob

Can't take it of altogether... otherwise routes like CDG-SIN or CDG-SYD are going to be impossible.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 03:59:51 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

Ever heard of Air Koryo?

Ok, they only transport the high-ranking party members, but nonetheless!

Well, not exactly too true about Air Koryo. They also transport civilians into the country, I'm not too sure about N. Korean nationals, but I know for sure from reports I've read that normal civilians have flown with them. If you want a place that simply unrealistic to fly to, why not take a look-see at Amundson Scott Station?

I personally think that the best solution for hte .5 issue is to simply write in a code in the script to disallow more than 2 .5s per plane. I don't think there is nothing wrong with 1 or 2 frequencies, but past that, I really think that it's exploiting a "bug" in the game.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 13, 2007, 04:05:36 pm
Will created a new Loadfactor script.. that means 1 frequencies are less affected if another airline joins the "competition"

tom355uk

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 13, 2007, 04:21:13 pm
Look guys, the game is less than 24 hours old. Frankly, the cheating a***holes who are sitting there smugly thinking 'look at me im way up the list already im such a smart ass' will soon be banned (I hope) and it will leave a truly excellent game where only the serious enthusiasts will compete.

Although, on a more cynical note, I suppose the game has already become like the airline industry, full of imbeciles who only see the immediate return, will do anything possible to produce that and care nothing for a sensible network routing and operations schedule!! :lol:

Or is that just me?  :?:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 04:23:43 pm
Watch your language

And disagreed to the last one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk