Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 05:23:37 am
How did you earn more "free time"?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 05:25:58 am
He redeemed his "Frequent Busy Miles", but unfortunately he couldn't quite get the original date he wanted to have free time due to blackouts, and other restrictions.  Luckily, AM fits around any blackout dates that the FBM program may throw at him.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 05:36:28 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
He redeemed his "Frequent Busy Miles", but unfortunately he couldn't quite get the original date he wanted to have free time due to blackouts, and other restrictions.  Luckily, AM fits around any blackout dates that the FBM program may throw at him.

Oh... lol..  :P glad to hear.. ban them 0.5 freq. airlines

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 05:40:57 am
I've introduced into the code (has been in there the entire age) an element which ramps up competition's effect on airlines with more then one or two routes between a given city pair, i still have not however coded in an outright ban of multiple routes between a city pair.  I'll likely periodically tinker this up when it seems most prudent to do so.  I will say the effect moves up pretty quickly, and hits every route of yours equally.  The desired effect is that though it may still be slightly more profitable to do (3+)x.5 then 1x(1.5+), when competition enters the market you are hit a lot harder for doing (3+)x.5 then you are for doing 1x(1.5+).  And yes, you do count as your own competition in this calculation.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 05:48:09 am
.. that's a lot better

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 09:03:30 am
Quote from: "digifreak"
Just a question... is it a problem to have 0.5 frequencies to different destinations? For instance 1 0.5 frequency from Oporto to Frankfurt, then one from OPO to LHR then one from OPO to MAD?

Thats fine.
Daniel Doorgakant
Airline Mogul Administrator

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 10:15:35 am
can i just ask, what about if you have a fully itinery for eg on your DC3, but are able to fit one more 0.5 route into it (only one aircraft on that route) to get more money, can we get away with that?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 10:29:48 am
Erm, no?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 10:45:39 am
^ You wouldn't get away with that after telling us  :wink:

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 10:47:38 am
but in the first post it stated that you'll get banned only if you have more than one plane on the same route with a 0.5 freq. on the planes

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 11:18:16 am
Quote from: "iranair777"
but in the first post it stated that you'll get banned only if you have more than one plane on the same route with a 0.5 freq. on the planes

That doesn't mean you can use only one plane and do 10 0.5 routes from GRU to CGH..

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 01:10:45 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Here is where we need clarification...

If a single plane is doing more than two x.5 routes (that includes 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, etc., then it shouldn't be allowed, right?

Just re-posting this on the 2nd page, because this is a quesiton I'd like to see answered.

There are some airlines out there whose entire route network is made up of one 0.5 frequency route per city to a bunch of different cities.  In effect it doubles your airplane's hours, but it's blatantly unrealistic.
lying Badger Airlines

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 01:18:50 pm
I think this time, the .5 airlines are probebly getting themselves into deeper crap than last round. From my experiance so far, the script is written well enough to make a 2 or 3x more profitable.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 01:27:43 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Quote from: "iranair777"

That doesn't mean you can use only one plane and do 10 0.5 routes from GRU to CGH..

I dont think that you read the question that I posted at first or I didnt phrase it properly
can i just ask, what about if you have a fully itinery for eg on your DC3, but are able to fit one more 0.5 route into it (only one aircraft on that route) to get more money, can we get away with that?

It means that If i Want to open a new route, and only have one aircraft that I can put on that route (shorthaul Im talking about) and that aircraft cna do a maximum of only 0.5, can I start that route with 0.5 with that aircraft or not?

also, how long is long haul defined if we were going to do a long hauller?

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 03:50:17 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
I think this time, the .5 airlines are probebly getting themselves into deeper crap than last round. From my experiance so far, the script is written well enough to make a 2 or 3x more profitable.

Yah, the script seems to have changed all over. Last round I operated 1-frequency-routes where possible, but this time it's quite easy to fill 2 or 3 freqs between a pair of bigger cities.

@iranair: I think one 0.5 frequency per route is ok... but you better reconfirm that with an admin...
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk