Airline Mogul Forum

12 More Days

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: September 27, 2007, 12:54:43 am
12 more days until the reset occurs and here's what we still need to do to get ready.

1. We need to turn on autoreturn of leases, this will be run at the end of every month and will automatically close and return routes that leased aircraft are on.  I recognize that this will push hotswapping aircraft on routes much higher on my list, and it likely will be done sometime next age. * Done, needs a little testing though, will be tested out between ages*

2. We need to do some minor modifications to the airport db, shouldn't take long.  Turkey will be moved to help fill out the middle east, and roughly the 8 largest airports will enter a new top tier of airport, the 350 gate / 350,000 level.

3. We need to establish automatic bankruptcy of inactive airlines (21+ days inactive); this can be done within the first few weeks of the next age.

4. We need to update copies of edit and close route to accommodate some new changes to the route formula, hopefully this will add a little more depth to the formulas as well as soften up competition a little for most routes.  I'm hoping, again, that hubs can be rolled out during next age (to which there will be much rejoicing).  With this, and the successful launch of terminals at the end of this age, the route rules that were enacted will be at least temporarily repealed.  ONE way flights WILL REMAIN.  I'm not yet ready to consider them to be a waste, some backend modifications are going to be in place that should discourage abuse. * DONE, pending very minor testing between ages, waiting to upload*

5. Throughout the early part of next age myself and Stephen will be attempting to modify the back end of the site in some significant ways (that are likely going to be largely unnoticeable to most).  This is going to be in preparation and the hopes to roll out multiworld sometime during the next age. * First batch should be ready in time, and is largely bug-tested out, so should be pretty seamless.*

6. The hourly script will be modified so there will actually be a small period where you can log in before the game starts moving.  This is expected to be 24 hours, so everyone can start out on equal footing. *Done, just waiting on next age to upload*

7. Finalized rules for terminals needs to be finished out and implemented, this will consist of a cap of 25 rented gates at a given airport (to grow beyond the cap will require a terminal).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

MUFC4evr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:33:15 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
12 more days until the reset occurs and here's what we still need to do to get ready.

7. Finalized rules for terminals needs to be finished out and implemented, this will consist of a cap of 25 rented gates at a given airport (to grow beyond the cap will require a terminal).

like this one because smaller airlines will be able to start routes.
anchester Airways-Manchester's Airline

[/U

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:19 am
1. We need to turn on autoreturn of leases, this will be run at the end of every month and will automatically close and return routes that leased aircraft are on.  I recognize that this will push hotswapping aircraft on routes much higher on my list, and it likely will be done sometime next age.

Does this mean the end of 0 month leases?  If you want to renew leases, does this involve actually taking it out from the market and making routes (that used to exist) again?  It would be easier on airlines (and not the leasers) if there was a "renew lease" function before the plane gets auto-returned.  Also, an auto-message warning us of leases about to expire in our inboxes would be a great help.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:58:30 am
End to 0 month leases, yes. I'd say for ease of use we will introduce dropdown boxes for years and months as the term of the lease.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 11:15:24 am
can you add something like "lease for x money for y months, then option to buy for z"
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 01:31:20 pm
3. We need to establish automatic bankruptcy of inactive airlines (21+ days inactive); this can be done within the first few weeks of the next age.

What if i go on holidays?  :D

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 02:10:42 pm
Yes that is a good point. What if members go away or are just to busy to check the site. I wont be returning for the distant future, but would like to keep my account number. Would it be possible to freeze the account until i am ready to come back. I shall be leaving at the end of this age for a bit. Let me know
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 02:23:44 pm
It was always planned to have a "Holiday Mode" so that you can say I'll be away for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks the inactivity counter will kick in for the 3 week timer at that point.
Stephen Murphy

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 02:30:10 pm
What if we forget to tell you/emergency...?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 03:08:13 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
It was always planned to have a "Holiday Mode" so that you can say I'll be away for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks the inactivity counter will kick in for the 3 week timer at that point.

I like this idea
img]http://www.wiztel.eu/amlogos/ce.png[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 03:52:13 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

If you have holidays longer than 3 weeks then you could probably afford to buy the game.  :lol:
Stephen Murphy

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 03:58:36 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

If you have holidays longer than 3 weeks then you could probably afford to buy the game.  :lol:

:lol:   How much  :lol:   naturally you guys would have to come run it.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 03:59:39 pm
:P I've already said no to offers, not selling until I get AM to a better level.
Stephen Murphy

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 04:11:57 pm
Guess this is where SMS's come into play :P
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:15:09 pm
:P I've already said no to offers, not selling until I get AM to a better level.

Are you kidding .... I would head straight to divorce court if I played any more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk