Airline Mogul Forum

New warning concerning Gate hogging

dktc · 30 · 11006

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: September 07, 2007, 03:49:01 pm
Due to the fact this kind of gate hogging routes still exist, the AM staff will start cracking down on the players with those routes very soon. The routes concerned will be closed and the gates will be returned. We expect all of you to coorperate with us and restructure your routes now.

The most up-to-date definition of gate hogging route is "Excessive frequencies that do not exist to operate in a competitive environment but to unfairly hold gates at a given airport". If there is competition, then it may be ok. However, if there is not much competition on the routes, or that if the routes is so short that it doesn't make sense, they are in.

And as per StephenM's gate hogging statement, any multi-0.5 routes would be considered gate hogging as well.

Those that have received emails about it, we have given you quite sometime to restructure your routes, so don't complain this time. We have clearly stated that anymore more than 1 0.5 frequency on a route is not acceptable. Those that have never received any email or personal warnings, this is your warning. Next thing you receive may be a pm informing you what routes have been closed (we would send out a last warning with a deadline if we are kind... but that kind of depends on our mood :P ).

We don't want to close your routes or intervene with the game. However, if you force us to take actions, we will. Having said that, I highly encourage your all to take a serious look at your routes and restructure them if/when deemed appropriate. This time, I (as well as the admins) will be checking on you all. Take your own risk if you want to, but bare in mind there are consequences for every decisions you make.

And one more thing I can tell you; when I start looking, I will start from my beloved Asia. :wink:

I hope you all take this seriously (not that I care if you don't because I will), and clear up your act.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:16:05 pm
Bravo
img]http://www.wiztel.eu/amlogos/ce.png[/img]

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 04:32:52 pm
Just to be clear... on Very Long Haul routes where only 0.5 frequencies are possible, are we not being allowed 2/3 0.5 frequencies now?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 04:43:22 pm
Quote from: "Pilgrim"
Just to be clear... on Very Long Haul routes where only 0.5 frequencies are possible, are we not being allowed 2/3 0.5 frequencies now?

I don't recall anyone allowing that.
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:48:11 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
And as per StephenM's gate hogging statement, any multi-0.5 routes would be considered gate hogging as well.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:09:05 pm
Well, typically these routes don't need too many seats... and if they do, just use a bigger ac.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 05:11:01 pm
And else, bad luck.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 04:38:06 pm
Note: I have begun clearing out the gate hogging routes.

Any routes that fall into either / both of these two categories;

- frequencies of higher than 5
- more than 1 0.5 frequency

will be deleted. I am feeling kind so I will be emailing active users and ask them to close the routes before the deadline I give them. For inactive users, too bad... your routes will be deleted promptly. :twisted:

As much as I am enjoying deleting your routes, please close them before I get to you. Any questions or problems, please pm me or email me at <daniel.chan@airlinemogul.com> . Please rest assured that you will have my personal attention if you have any gate hogging routes :twisted:

*edit: a couple of typo/spellings*
D Express (id 616) 8)

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:59:41 pm
clapping  :lol:
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

starbucks95905

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 01:44:52 am
I know a certain unnamed airline that hogs all of the gates at New York area airports with multiple 90-frequency 30 mile flights between them, Maybe you should look into him. (It'll be obvious who. >_>)
img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6918/ez21oj5.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 02:19:42 am
Quote from: "starbucks95905"
I know a certain unnamed airline that hogs all of the gates at New York area airports with multiple 90-frequency 30 mile flights between them, Maybe you should look into him. (It'll be obvious who. >_>)

I am going through the routes of each and every one of you (well... except the admins... gotta trust them right? :P )
D Express (id 616) 8)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 02:42:54 am
(well... except the admins... gotta trust them right? :P )

Nope... not the mods either (check urself out too!)
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 02:44:26 am
Quote from: "blue25"
(well... except the admins... gotta trust them right? :P )

Nope... not the mods either (check urself out too!)

You can go check me if you want. :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 02:51:11 am
Nope... only If I need a plane. :D
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

clee899

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 06:09:05 am
Thanks to the AM staff for cracking down on this issue. dktc, if your gonna start in Asia, make sure you take a look at TPE!
img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/mybanner477b04be4b9ddgdaj8.jpg[/img]

Mountainair ID:2484

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk