Airline Mogul Forum

REMINDER: Multiple Accounts

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 02:55:33 am
And if you delete an account, can the ID number be used for another airline?
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 03:36:59 am
ID numbers naturally increment. every account is one higher then the last to sign up.  No, deleted accounts numbers' are not likely to be reused, unless stephen or i intervene and try to renumber everyone (which would likely frustrate most players, and i wouldn't get to keep my nice 333).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 03:43:59 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
ID numbers naturally increment. every account is one higher then the last to sign up.  No, deleted accounts numbers' are not likely to be reused, unless stephen or i intervene and try to renumber everyone (which would likely frustrate most players, and i wouldn't get to keep my nice 333).

Nope. Your going to be 666 next round :lol:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 03:52:58 pm
Looking at the rankings, there are 26 airlines at exactly €0 or €-1, are active, have no gates, and don't own any planes. Most of them have very similar names--yahoo000# or mummy00#, and they seemed to have been registered in batches. I think someone was funding themselves with more money and planes when they ran out.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 04:04:35 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Looking at the rankings, there are 26 airlines at exactly €0 or €-1, are active, have no gates, and don't own any planes. Most of them have very similar names--yahoo000# or mummy00#, and they seemed to have been registered in batches. I think someone was funding themselves with more money and planes when they ran out.

Theres a lot more than them, I can assure you. ;)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

digifreak

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 06:31:41 pm
Actually I've notticed those a few days ago...
Is there any way for you to control those kind of "dummy logins"? Or you prefer that when someone spots those kind of stuff to report them to you?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 06:40:45 pm
Quote from: "digifreak"
Actually I've notticed those a few days ago...
Is there any way for you to control those kind of "dummy logins"? Or you prefer that when someone spots those kind of stuff to report them to you?

The problem is, it could be a school, college, workplace, multiple family members etc that have more than 1 account, so we cannot blanket ban.
Stephen Murphy

digifreak

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 10:23:07 pm
Well... I was talking about the yahoo000# or mummy00# kind of logins

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 10:25:07 pm
Yeah, but what Stephen means is you can't auto-delete these kind of accounts, because there might in some cases be a reasonable explanation for it. You can't train a script to recognize these kind of airline names, unfortunately, so they have to be deleted manually which takes time.

digifreak

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 02:28:02 am
Well... you could limit at 1 account/Ip like some other games do... but that would be kinda unfair to schools and to those who access on a corporate network... and easy to bypass if you have some Internet and Computers knowledge (Proxy servers, ip masking and so on...).

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 02:33:05 am
Quote from: "digifreak"
Well... you could limit at 1 account/Ip like some other games do... but that would be kinda unfair to schools and to those who access on a corporate network... and easy to bypass if you have some Internet and Computers knowledge (Proxy servers, ip masking and so on...).

That does not work. Also, multiple family members, routers for several computers, public wireless networks...etc. would be other examples.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Mjolnir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 05:12:04 pm
I clicked on this thread hoping to find out how some airlines have multiple planes while others have zero at a time when game play is frozen.

Are those accounts for game developers/owners (and therefore logically not subject to the same limitations I am), or is there a way I can get a leg up early?

Did I miss a trick somewhere?
 know sweet FA about planes.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 05:21:19 pm
Quote from: "Mjolnir"
I clicked on this thread hoping to find out how some airlines have multiple planes while others have zero at a time when game play is frozen.

Are those accounts for game developers/owners (and therefore logically not subject to the same limitations I am), or is there a way I can get a leg up early?

Did I miss a trick somewhere?

I hear that when some players scrap planes, they automatically get sent to brokers for some odd reason. That is why you have some airlines who have multiple planes.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 05:22:50 pm
Yes, scraped planes get sent to brokers but we still have to pay for the planes so I've got a negitive amount in my bank account.
Bryce Rea

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 05:27:17 pm
Quote from: "sla31"
Yes, scraped planes get sent to brokers but we still have to pay for the planes so I've got a negitive amount in my bank account.

The joys of being a broker. ;) Good luck getting out of debt!
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk