Airline Mogul Forum

Broker Tender System

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: July 15, 2007, 02:29:35 am
The new broker tender system is launched today!  All players, now, are invited to partake in the brokering process.  

Simply place a request either through the used_ac page, or your very own aircraft page (as if you were buying a new aircraft, but in the Request Aircraft menu).  select the type, engines, so forth you desire, offer a markup percent based off of the list value (between 0 and 35%) and pay a downpayment of around 25% of the final value of the deal (this is to protect the broker, from a bad buyer)

This request will be viewable in the used market, any player can fulfill it.  If the request remains open for 6 game 'months', after that period the downpayment is refunded and the request is removed.  at any point, until the deal is accepted, the deal can be cancelled and the deposit returned to the player.

IF it is taken by another player (game broker or not), they will pay the remainder of the list price, and delivery will begin.  From here on out, you can no longer cancel the deal within the game (your deposit is lost).

Once delivered, the aircraft is immediately, and automatically, listed to the requestor for the remaining balance (for that aircraft) garaunteed for a period of 3 game "months".  (this should protect the buyer from a bad broker).  After this period is over, the plane remains listed privately to the buyer however the broker is now free to remove it from the sale market and use it in his own fleet.

One last thing, you can either list a request publicly (to id 0) or privately (to a specific player).  If a request is privately listed, the broker may (politely) reject the deal through the system.  In the future the system will be expanded to edit proposals, but for now it's a complete but basic brokering system.  ONLY newly purchased aircraft can be used to satisfy these deals, so no worries about overpaying for a used plane.

Here's hoping you all like it, because it took a while to test out.  let me know if there are any bugs.

Edit: oh yes.  one last piece of news.  For those curious about the game brokers, their power has been restrained to the discount applies only to this integrated broker system.  It is now harder for any player to abuse as position of game-broker (though i watched these guys for a while now, none of them have strayed into this temptation.)
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:34:49 am
Check the Airline Mogul Wiki page for more information on the new Brokerage System!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:19:22 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Edit: oh yes.  one last piece of news.  For those curious about the game brokers, their power has been restrained to the discount applies only to this integrated broker system.  It is now harder for any player to abuse as position of game-broker (though i watched these guys for a while now, none of them have strayed into this temptation.)

What is to abuse?? Afterall I am ranked no 1 with or without the system or discount :P  :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 11:31:56 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Check the Airline Mogul Wiki page for more information on the new Brokerage System!

Great to see it straight in there!

I haven't even tried out this feature yet, so it should be interesting. :)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:42:16 am
Well, I took your request, so you'll see if it works :) And I thought it might be useful putting it on the wiki, seeing as it's a new feature which might be hard to understand when first trying it :P

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 04:35:46 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

What is to abuse?? Afterall I am ranked no 1 with or without the system or discount :P  :lol:

very simple....

Aquire under market a/c, and then operate them.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 04:49:29 pm
Is that possible to have a price mark down? :roll:
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 04:53:52 pm
@Cornfield... as said, mark down or not, makes no difference to my ranking. The motive of "abuse" does not stand. We don't have any discount for a/c of our own uses (not even for lease out planes!)

@Singaporeair, obviously not because AEB wants it to be "fair".
D Express (id 616) 8)

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 05:25:11 pm
I'm a stingy person :lol:  :lol:
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 05:34:48 pm
no markdown below what a standard broker will have to pay is possible.  If and when quantity discounts are implemented for buying new, this will be adjusted to no markdown below the naturally discounted price.

the big advantage (I hope) in this is that you can place larger orders (since you only pay the downpayment) then normally possible in exchange for a little extra delivery time and the chance that no one will fulfill it (though the money itself isn't at risk).

JDubman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 03:13:05 am
So if someone puts out a request for say, $1 billion worth of planes, does the player who takes the deal need at least $1 billion so that the planes can be ordered?
llure Airways (ID 230) Fleet:
Boeing 737-400ER 44
Boeing 777-200ER 14

JDubman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 03:18:48 am
O ya, one more thing...yes, this is sort of a blond moment lol...so if I see a request in the used ac market, that airline wants someone to buy planes for them?
llure Airways (ID 230) Fleet:
Boeing 737-400ER 44
Boeing 777-200ER 14

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 03:58:26 am
@ JDubman, The airline taking the order need to put in 75% of the plane cost. And yes, the requests mean that the airlines want someone to help finance their planes.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 12:25:16 am
The system has been modified.

The following changes have been made:

1. downpayment percentage raised to 27.5% (it will likely eventually settle at around 30%)
2. Markdowns have been introduced.  normal players can have up to a 2% markdown, game brokers support up to a 5% markdown.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 02:19:22 am
Alright, final bump up in downpayment percentage as far as i'm concerned (unless the situation deems otherwise).

it's now sitting nicely at 30%.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk