1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: May 04, 2019, 04:43:26 pm
Hi everyone,

What do you think about long (20+ years) worlds? Do you enjoy them? I have played in a few until now, and I enjoy seeing the airline grow and evolve over time. I know Thunderstruck has had a few of these worlds where he removes inactive airlines. The other long world I trieddoesn't remove inactive airlines which can crowd popular routes.

Which kind of worlds do you enjoy the most?

AbsoluteUnit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 11:05:17 pm
I really enjoy long worlds, although I definitely wouldn't want to play in them exclusively. The one Thunderstruck is running currently that I am in has really motivated me to keep playing AM. Removing airlines is pleasant, especially for people like me who might've missed out on the start of the world, even though I also see some strong arguments for keeping them around. As long as the rules around inactivity are clearly explained and applied consistently I see no problem with either setup.
North Sea Air (Well, usually at least)
PW 3360

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:11:31 pm
Hi all,

Personally, I only enjoy playing the long worlds. They provide one with the time to develop an airline, fly ancient aircraft models and introduce new ones in their stead. It's a real journey through time!

Indeed, I prefer to remove inactive airlines. After a while, defunct airlines over-burden some already very frequented routes. Also once you reach the late '90s, you could end up operating an A-319 on a route which also has flights on DC 3's or Boeing 80A's or something, which is not very realistic.

I clearly state in the forums that bankrupt airlines will be removed, and most of the times (sometimes I forget) I send a welcome message to new airlines to let them know about this.

I tried playing shorter worlds, but for me its a frustration that just when I'm getting my airline started, the world comes to a sudden end in a nuclear apocalypse or something, and everything is over.

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 09:04:19 pm
I have yet to really dedicate myself to any world, but me too, I prefer long worlds for the length of fun and the joy of seeing it grow and updating its fleet. But it is quite a lot of work!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 12:00:10 am
I think I will do some intervention on the next public world and make it a little longer than normal (20 years at least vs 5/10). The current worlds are approaching the end so that will trigger a new world creation.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk