Airline Mogul Forum

the MD-11ER SUCKS!!! dont waste money on them!!

sleewell

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 29, 2009, 03:45:04 pm
what a POS!! this plane (and this game) suck, avoid it like the plague. i bought 10 of them thinking the extra long 8,326km range would help me to run some profitable long haul frequencies. BUT THIS POS WONT EVEN MAKE A FULL 5500km route!!! what a joke, there has to be a game flaw with this one. almost 300MM wasted on each of these and it wont even make a full 5500km route, it only says it can do .5!! you have to be kidding me. between the huge waste of fuel, the incredibly high maintenance costs and the fact that it wont even do what its supposed to do which is go long routes you guys really screwed this one up :-\

In general I think the algorithm for long distance routes is not correct. Planes from ATL to London Heathrow dont make nearly the money that shorter route planes make to far less populated areas. You have made the game so that long distance routes using the most expensive planes are not cost effective. So basically once you get to a certain point in the game it becomes less and less fun to play. You work hard to build up your airline and then when its supposed to get fun you have a terrible algorithm that just sucks the fun right out of it. good work guys!!! I have moved on to a more well written game.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:54:50 pm by sleewell »

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:02:17 pm
OK, bye.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 04:29:11 pm
and the fact that it wont even do what its supposed to do which is go long routes

Um, do the math.

(5500 / 510) + 1.64 = 12.42 hours

Therefore, this plane can only do one one-way trip across the pond per day (which is a 0.5 frequency).

In addition, there are lots of long-range planes that will make a nice profit and not break the bank (nor ruin the bottom line).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:51 pm
what a POS!! this plane (and this game) suck, avoid it like the plague. i bought 10 of them thinking the extra long 8,326km range would help me to run some profitable long haul frequencies. BUT THIS POS WONT EVEN MAKE A FULL 5500km route!!! what a joke, there has to be a game flaw with this one. almost 300MM wasted on each of these and it wont even make a full 5500km route, it only says it can do .5!! you have to be kidding me. between the huge waste of fuel, the incredibly high maintenance costs and the fact that it wont even do what its supposed to do which is go long routes you guys really screwed this one up :-\

In general I think the algorithm for long distance routes is not correct. Planes from ATL to London Heathrow dont make nearly the money that shorter route planes make to far less populated areas. You have made the game so that long distance routes using the most expensive planes are not cost effective. So basically once you get to a certain point in the game it becomes less and less fun to play. You work hard to build up your airline and then when its supposed to get fun you have a terrible algorithm that just sucks the fun right out of it. good work guys!!! I have moved on to a more well written game.
calm down and remember, cursing isn't an answer
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

british connect

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:20:41 am
most long haul planes in real life wont even do a return trip that far. as pseudoswede has already pointed out do the math the plane cant do that kind of a trip in a 24 hr period.

any way what are you complaining about the game is free {unless you bought  points} so you havent lost out on anything have you

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 05:45:43 am

We dont need to know if you like it or not. If your unhappy with features, kindly PM admins and inquire, but dont come out whinging on forums.
The Game better of without players like you.
Skywest PW1217

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:16:08 am
Can't agree with Obmit there...
... if a player is too good in literatures / arts that basic maths is not a skill he/she needs, there is nothing an admin to could....
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 09:54:12 am
Can't agree with Obmit there...
... if a player is too good in literatures / arts that basic maths is not a skill he/she needs, there is nothing an admin to could....

anyone else and you wouldnt have said anything ;)
Skywest PW1217

balaji

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:04 pm
what happend to you
if u losing why you are crying like a baby
u think u will always win and win
well this game is not abt wining its abt learning, have a friendly competition and meet new friends
if u lose then better luck next time
i have gone bankrupt like 2 times now i am doing well

if u hate the game just leave y u shouting like a baby
we all love it and we will love it

good bye
capt Balaji Naidoo
founder and excecutive chairman of the BN GROUP

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 10:17:34 pm

So how do you really feel?  8)

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:57 pm
 :lol: thanks for the great read

fresh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 12:07:47 pm
i actually beg to differ,

i've been playing AM for nearly 3 years.

back when there was only one world, My airline used MD-11ERs as its workhorse long haul aircraft, but not only that Fresh! was in the top 5 airlines

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=1105.0

so if sleewell can't make the MD-11 work thats, basically his own fault...

(and next time please don't waste other's time by making such a rude and unnecesary thread)

:roll:
New Slogan: Fresh! Airlines, Generally Better Than You.

A British Airways Long Haul Galley Bitch :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 05:34:27 pm
k guys.... enough is enough. Thanks for the feedback though.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk