Airline Mogul Forum

Its so Hot!!!!

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
on: June 30, 2008, 03:20:47 am
Okay, Seattle is having its first heat wave of the year..... it got ip to 91 yestarday and today!!!!! =P

Its way to hot for  me :P  At least we didnt get up too 98 like last year :shock:  Well, like usualy, Portland got up to 99 yesterday.... but there were a ton of thunderstorms over there, so it only got up to 87 and now its only in the mid 80's.

Tommorow is going to be a still warm 84, followed by a return of regular 60's and low 70's :)

Well, how is all your weather like?
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Cantonese Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 03:35:46 am
ok.....that's NOT called hot....at least for Hong Kong  :D

It's been like this for 2 months now.

Hong Kong's max temp is like 35-36 celsius (95-97 F)
antonese Airlines
World 9 Airline ID: 13656

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 03:42:38 am
It's been cold here. 60F for the last couple of days. Also, the flooded rivers are going down. :o So that makes me even happier. :D
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:47:31 am
We get the shorts out at 20c (68f) and moan.

Britain cannot deal with heat or any other weather condition for that matter, roads melt and water companies ban the use of hoses. What a place to live  :oops:

When we have a few cm's of snow the roads stop, trains and airports all shut. Rain is as bad, people panic buy at every slight problem :roll:

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:53:50 am
Minnesota has below 0F (-18C) winters and 100F (38C) summers.  We are the state of extremes.  So, no matter what the weather, it never affects our lifestyle.

We also have tornadoes, which make a bigger impact than rain (to someone in particular.  You know who you are ;) )

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 03:54:34 am
South Dakotas reaching the 80s and 90s :)
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:14:02 am
You see, Seattle has the lowest amount of airconditioning units of any major city in the Us :P

Today was deathly hot, the beggining of the month was soooooo nice. Mid 50's with drizzle and rain!!!! 8)  :D

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 04:45:05 am
Wow. and now were getting thunderstorms!!!!  :shock:

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 05:00:28 am
You guys complain it is 31C in America and it is a heat wave.... We in Australia have around 38-42C (100-107F) all through summer. In winter it averages around 20C (68F) Otherwise it is almost all the time hot. People from England come over while we are in the summer and sometimes they die because it is so hot. They used to their 28C summers....

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 05:04:41 am
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
You guys complain it is 31C in America and it is a heat wave.... We in Australia have around 38-42C (100-107F) all through summer. In winter it averages around 20C (68F) Otherwise it is almost all the time hot. People from England come over while we are in the summer and sometimes they die because it is so hot. They used to their 28C summers....

We really dont like your heat  :lol:  :lol:

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 05:04:49 am
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
yes we do. You also dont happen to get mor than 220 days of clouds a year :wink:  combined with light drizzle on 4/5 of those days? No.  :wink:

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 06:13:28 am
Indiana, if you want to know the weather just look out a window :roll:  Forecast changes every 5 minutes :?

Decent, cool day tomorrow, looking at around 72°F.  Unusually cool for this time of the summer, but nothing about the weather patterns this year are normal for us :roll:

We too get the extremes here, over the winter (early January) we went from 25°F with a foot of snow on the ground...to 65°F severe storms and a flood that broke a 100 year old local record after several inches of rain and all snow melting...back to 15°F and another foot of fresh snow on the ground with an inch of ice under it..........all in about 36 hours :shock:

We see days over 100°F every now and then, mostly in mid to late July.  Only problem we have with those days is the high humidity that makes the heat index rise even higher.  I've seen a heat index reach 125°F before.  Try baling hay in that heat :shock:  Nothing like a 103°F day with 90% humidity :oops:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

AustraliaConnect

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 06:55:35 am
I agree with Toidious, I live in Park Orchards, Melbourne, Australia (I realized last night that were only like under 50 kms away from each other)

Anyway, As people may know, the earth is heating up, but Australia is heating up a lot faster than  the Americas and europe. We are running out of Water, (As toidious and I would know) in melbourne and are resorting to decal plants. EWWW. If people dont know what Decal is it stands for Decalination Plants. They recycle water from the sea and the waste with it and put it back in our taps.

Now 91 degrees Fahrenheit is only 32.77777778 degress Celcius.
I dont know if to you guys thats hot, but to us...thats a normal summers day, not a bloody HEAT WAVE! What the?
You guys have no idea what a heat wave is... :P
I dont know if toidious remembers but in december last year we nearly had a whole week of 40 degrees celcius or in Americanised terms, 104 degrees fahrenheit.
So dont talk about how its sooo hot when its clearly not.
Also, I must agree with the person who talked about Hong Kong's weather.
I went there last year for Student Exchange and I thought it was Boiling.
I think it was around 20th June I went over.

Over all, I think that 32.7 degrees celcius or 91 degrees fahrenheit doesnt count as a heat wave. And you shouldnt get Shorts out at 20 degrees. You'd catch a cold  :wink:

This topic when you think about it is stupid. The term hot depends on what the average Temprature is. THere are a lot of Comments saying thats not that hot, while in america, their tempreture average is a lot lower than here in Aus. It all depends on their definition on the term hot and their average weather.

Also Norfolk, In Melbourne, Australia, we are in water restrictions, we cant use the hose at all  :wink:

Your not allowed to with a hose:

Fill your Pool.
Water Garden.
Wash Dog.
Wash Car.  :?

The only exceptions are
When you buy a pool, you buy the water to fill it... :evil:
and to Wash your car, you have to go to a Water efficient Car Wash.  :(
Your NEVER allowed to Water your Garden...EVER!!!
and to wash your dog, you have to use a bucket.
elcome to a new era - AustraliaConnect

Connecting Australians to the World!

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:13 am
ohhh, Im sure i've expierenced hotter temps than you (124 in Yuma :shock: )

Well, for Seattle, which is cloudy.

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

AustraliaConnect

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 07:33:05 am
I beleive I was talking about the big city (Melbourne) which is situated along the coast. WHile Yuma is in the Arazona Desert.
Australia could easily hit 51.444446 degrees celcius = 124 degrees fahrenheit in the Desert during Summer easily.
elcome to a new era - AustraliaConnect

Connecting Australians to the World!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk