Airline Mogul Forum

Ideas on the following

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: January 12, 2008, 01:03:20 pm
Just to get a bit of discussion going (Focused if we can) on the proposed development of Iarnród Mogal. So what I'd like to see are your opinions on having a hybrid structure of development. A proposed track structure would be in the database "pre-loaded". This would probably be taken from the last 10-15 years when data can be found for the track structure. What a player can then do is expand the network, with either new lines spurring from either junctions or stations already in game, expanding existing lines for double track or triple track etc. Also stations should be upgradable with different modules (Booking Office, Waiting Room, Parcels Office etc) together with Freight facilities.

Any ideas on that? Would 100% custom networks be preferred or is a hybrid system accurate to allow some level of realism?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:06:40 pm
Custom networks would be cool :wink:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 04:55:35 pm
Well the way I see it is that if you have a real life line, that you could customize, it would be an ideal game :)

Fly Europa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:11:52 pm
I personally think its better to have various track types- Third rail, overhead wire, normal and possibly narrow guage. You select track type and get locomotives compatable with that track type. Some locos may be compatable with more than one. Rather than have a hybrid network, just start the whole thing from scratch. But you would have to start with a lot of money to be able to start a track network. In later developement you could have relief of the land and using some kind of system convert that relief into the usage of a tunnel, overpass or bridge, such as over rivers. Maybe with multiworlds coming with Airline Mogul, you could have multiworld games but with difficulty rating, Easy would have Pre-Loaded Track Types, Medium Some preloaded and Hard none at all preloaded. But I think that is a good idea and I think knowing the results with airline mogul this will be good.
Fly Europa The World is at your feet.

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 12:16:56 am
In a real world situation, narrow gauge is the most inexpensive to construct. And due to the infrastructure, overhead electrification is the most expensive. Electrification gets its cost savings from operations.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:49:23 pm
I'd prefer a hybid network with very expensive infra costs.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 11:20:36 pm
why not costs per mile/and track type?
Id:14174