Airline Mogul Forum

IMPORTANT POLL [Please Vote]

Poll

What To Do...

Reset Now, have a quick [2 game-year] game
60 (41.1%)
Extend current age by 2 game-years
41 (28.1%)
Reset now, have a normal [5/10 year game]. [Multiworlds is best launched between ages! aka, This might get screwed up by a launch]
38 (26%)
Stick our heads in the sand and hope it goes away. // No Preferance
7 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Voting closed: February 23, 2008, 11:11:14 pm

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: February 23, 2008, 11:11:14 pm
Alright.  After much effort, thought, and time it seems multiworlds is just out of grasp for this reset.

Personally, looking at what's left, I think it can be pulled off within 24 days.  Stephen seems to agree with me on this.  Now our question is what to do with this estimate.

Please vote in the poll.  Sorry about the late notice, I've been trying my best [as has stephen] to get this done by this reset.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Coll_alliance

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 11:22:13 pm
I've gotten bored thus I want a reset and it'll be good to see what we can achieve in 2 AM Years

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:24:24 pm
I voted for a reset now and 2 years game. The starting years are by far the most interesting, where strategy pays. As for the reset, many players (me included) are already in end-turn mood.

As for Multiworlds, I'm as eager as most to have it. However, if it is hurried into production and not properly debugged, I can see this forum flooded with whining and complaints. Better take whatever time you can spare to do it as right as you feel you should.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:38:50 pm
Stick my head in the sand for me...

If the round does get reset for 2 years, there isnt any point in me trying to start a buisness

SATA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:46:39 pm
I stongly agree with Lusitana here and this is a good thing for multiworlds so it doesnt come out with lots of bugs in it. And i think it would be good to have a 2 year round in which way to see what each of us can acheive. I have stopped adding routes to my airline and my LF was 98% now its 78% cause i havnt logged in cause i thought there was no point due to reset going to occur in a couple of days :(

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:47:17 pm
x2! :D

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 11:54:08 pm
come on guys
extend for two years so we can have a proper and hopefully flawless start to multiworlds *goes off again to bug stephen and DTKC for more money :lol: *

EDIT: actually after a few seconds of thinking (i know, unheard of from me :lol: ) I have decided that the first option is best. I cannot change my vote, But just take one away from the second option and add it to the first one

CzechInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 12:04:12 am
I just can't see the benefit of a two year round...yeah, I agree, those are the best years of the game, but to me it'd feel really empty and rather pointless considering the fact that just when you get established, just when your work pays off, boom. Another reset. That's like saying sports should only be played for the first half, because by the second half it's usually all decided. 5 years is perfect, why cut it to two?[/i]

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 12:26:22 am
I say do what needs to be done. Early reset so be it. Or extend the game so be it. Whatever works best for those who make the game.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

bkuyers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 12:28:37 am
i like a 2 year round becuase it will make the multi world update seem to come faster and it wont screw up a 5-10 year round if you are doing good, i dont like a 2 year add on to this round becuase lots of airlines have already pretty much shut down their airline till next round
D: 2778 --- Kuyers Express --- KEX
http://kuyersville.myminicity.com/
please visit this link and support my town, visit once a day!

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 12:48:40 am
I'd like to try a 2 year round! It's kinda short but do not want to extend the current round. I don't like to stick multi worlds in the middle of the round though.

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 12:49:33 am
2 year round! :P
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Berimbau

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 12:59:51 am
Hi

5 or 10 years round!! It is worthless ( in my opinion of course ) to play a round that in real life wouldn't last even a month! I started this round in 1972 and I'm currently at 25M DOP, which finnaly gives me some freedom  "to do whatever I want whenever I want" and belive me it's annoying to know I'm going to loose all of of this! I don't want to go through all this , knowing that in barely one month I'll lose it all again!! So I'm going to wait til the next 5-10 years round!

So i voted for "extend this round for another 2 years"! This way I think that everyone would be happy :)

Rgds

MarioDooley

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 01:22:18 am
A lot of players are already in the end of round mode or have already stopped because they thought the rund was nearly over, so extending it wouldn't be fair. A short round is the best option, it can be extended if multi worlds isn't ready. There's no point doing a 5/10 year round if it gets interupted by the launch, and besides I feel myself that it's more important that multi worlds is done right, rather than just done quick, so a short round would give Stephen and the guys some flexibility in that regard.
er Ballyfermot ID 8107

West Dublin's Premier Airline

Getting You There.....Someday!

SeaBlue Pacific Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 01:49:58 am
I like the 2 year round idea.  Extending this round would really be a bad idea for my airline.  I have zero flights and I'm not about to bring them back up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk