Airline Mogul Forum

Rant - Im done

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 18, 2007, 02:29:15 am
Alright folks,

I've had it. I'm not going to waste my time on this site anymore.

Over the last 3 days any respect for the staff here has been blown away. Three strikes:

1> 1st i get my account suspended because of some new interpretation of the .5 rule that is not posted anywhere. The accompanying explanation was also sorely lacking in explaining why all of a sudden, out of the blue, after months and months of those routes being there they are suddenly against the rules!
2> Every flippin airline gets a 1.5 billion windfall, not in itself deal breaking... however...
3> just as im getting to the top of the game, a sudden reset is announced in what seems to be a blatant attempt at covering up #2!

We golly gee batman, don't i feel betrayed.

Forget it, i'm done. There's no point in being here if this is the kind of behavior i get, i'm better off going about my business elsewhere and not even bothering coming here.

So long!

airplane2011@msn.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 02:48:12 am
Sounds just like bad luck too me.  I agree that the 0.5 frequency rule needs to be posted more often.  But besides that, its no ones fault what your blaming.  You should have gotten 1.5 billion dollars too.

"a whole different animal."

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 03:27:52 am
just one little thing...

it WASNT 0.5 anything just to make that clear... it was 4x 1.5

and 1.5 billion was/is peanuts to me...

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 04:15:59 am
Unfortunately, you getting to the top of the game doesn't matter, but what matters is playability across the board.  A game *has* to reset sometime and even if we waited until 1959, some other person would be cut off when "they" were just about getting the hang of the game.  The game *is* near-unplayable as it is and traffic has dropped, as seen by the activity level of the forums.  Talks of a reset have been going on among us for a week.

As for the 0.5s, all I know is we have some new membership officers here while our veteran got stranded 24 hours thanks to NorthWorst.  I'm just a lowly moderator so an admin will have to clarify this...

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:45 am
"and 1.5 billion was/is peanuts to me..."

Given that you had one of the largest airlines in the game, of course it wouldn't matter.  To everyone else it does.  Do you really want even niche players running a $1 LAX-SFO route because money no longer matters.  While 2 was a mistake, 3 is really the only way to deal with it.

BigDerriAir[FT]

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:57:39 am
Sorry but... wah?  :twisted: If you want to get all teddy-out-of-pram, go for it. You're going to be hurt by it and we'll still be playing. I've seen rants like this before. We'll expect you back shortly after the new year when you just can't take it anymore. And at some point when you don't like what's going on the NEXT go round you'll toss poor teddy out again and flounce off in a huff again.

A word to the wise: Breathe. This is a game. It's still in development. It's QUITE a lot of fun. What will come as a result of this will be more enjoyable for us all. Yeah, even *you*. Once you cool off and come back that is. And you will...
img]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/5/8/9/0/3/webimg/94956616_o.jpg[/img]

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 08:41:44 am
can i say that....
i really don't understand why pilgrim have to set up like 10x frequency route to compete with a 1x route......
i believe he can earn the same amount of money with less cost........

and his sudden invade to the peace Atlanta Airport has ruined the game :(
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 09:23:54 am
What is this .5 rule? I missed that one.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 10:57:34 am
epxair what i will say is this. Airlines invade airports everyday and had Worldair not had an existing member at Atlanta he would always have been there. It was only after that member quit the game as did 12 others from out alliance due to over capacity. A perfect example being around two to three years ago Jet 2 came to Manchester and as of 2008 Easyjet will be coming as well. My personal opinion is that Jet 2 will eventually leave Manchester when Easyjet drives them out.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 11:05:52 am
yeah i understand that.......but what he is trying to do is to rise the frequency, lower the price....UNNECESSARILY....
he is just trying to flood the market :(
i think if this round last until 1960....
he will also have base in DFW and LAX and compete with me and the other poor airlines.... :cry:
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 01:04:04 pm
Welcome to life.

Make sure you visit the Town Hall before you leave!
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 01:21:15 pm
Quote from: "epxair"
yeah i understand that.......but what he is trying to do is to rise the frequency, lower the price....UNNECESSARILY....
he is just trying to flood the market :(
i think if this round last until 1960....
he will also have base in DFW and LAX and compete with me and the other poor airlines.... :cry:

my my my, aren't we pots calling kettles things...

Why do i use high frequencies? Cause it seems to work better thats why. The game is running UNDER-capacity on many markets (sorry but 1000 euros on ORD-MEM just doesn't work for me!). Plus, honestly, you clued me into the fact that high frequency can pay more than 1x at a higher fare EPX... and i'll admit it, my moving into ATL was, at least in part, to go after you because of your ticking me off with all those 1 euro Armagnac routes from ORD :twisted: But DFW, LAX? no... I'm quite happy with my hub structure.

Honestly, I always go after the big dog. #1 to me is a bullseye. And sorry, but you're wearing it.

Now look, let me make this clear. This game was fun, but it stopped being fun some time ago on a day to day basis. The 3 things that i mentioned are simply the last straw. But honestly I realizing now i was spending far too much time on here.

Anyways, i'm gonna just hang around till the reset, but i'm not gonna do anything after that.

Ciao!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 01:28:56 pm
Thanks for playing AM.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 01:57:49 pm
We are currently undertaking an internal investigation and a review of the actions that were taken on your account.

The delay is due to...the wait for some needed people to come online!

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 02:10:51 pm
Will you still be a moderator for the Worldair forum. I may also leave but only if my account will still work if i come back because i dont want anyone to get my name. Otherwise i will be a small carrier until i have time to spare because like Pilgrim i am spending too much time on this game. I will quite happily remain an admin on the Worldair forum as i plan to come back. I notice you selected a Sunday for game restart (the one day i am at work) and wont be able to do anything should i even bother to come back straight away.

I would also like to thank Pilgrim for all the help he has given me and other worldair members during his time on AM. Thanks i am sure i speak for most if not all Worldair members when i say you will be missed when you leave. Hope you decide to stay as a moderator.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk