Airline Mogul Forum

Create route request - uncouple from view routes

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 02, 2010, 02:56:03 am
I searched but couldn't find this so if it has been asked before i apologize...

Could the "route created" screen be removed from "view routes". The reason is for large airlines it really bogs the browser down to start loading view all routes.

could we just get a simple page with the "route created successfully" box, like gate rental does?

Thanks...

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:54:03 am
Yea, that would be nice.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:16 am
Yeah, I agree that it would be nice to not get automatically redirected to View Routes.

A way to overcome the problem is to set the "Default View Setting" on the page to show only routes under 25% loadfactor. This means that (unless you have any routes under 25% LF...) you wont get anything coming up, which increases page load times a lot.

To actually view your routes, you then manually choose what view you want from "Show Routes From". The other advantage of doing this is that you don't have to load up the entire set of routes first if you only want to look at a few specific ones, such as a single base.

Actually, come to think of it, could we have a default view option not to show any routes?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 05:23:15 pm
A way to overcome the problem is to set the "Default View Setting" on the page to show only routes under 25% loadfactor. This means that (unless you have any routes under 25% LF...) you wont get anything coming up, which increases page load times a lot.

Not to mention that you really should adjust fares if your load factor is under 25%.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

fionnair

• Brokers
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 06:10:01 pm
i think it's a great idea will stephen implement it
Fionn

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 03:12:12 pm

You could change the default settings on your view routes page to display a lot fewer (maybe even zero) routes.

neldot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 08:53:11 pm
I agree, opening the routes page every time you schedule a route is worthless and time consuming.

I think that it would be by far most useful to open the aircraft summary page after creating a route for that plane.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 01:54:32 am
- and data wasting (sometimes, Opera tells you)
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk