Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 10, 2008, 04:16:45 am
Quote from: "dktc"
2. The admin team is intent to go the opposite way, which is to increase the costs and thus the loss.

Or that.  :)
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Creedy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: February 11, 2008, 03:54:52 pm
well after the admins slow down aircraft production then i think that will solve the flooding problem. No planes no flooding. Only problem i see with that is small airlines will never be able to get their hands on new planes. Slower production means the 5 trillion airlines have no choose but to buy/lease and effectively buyout the market and drive the prices all the way north.
img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i7/j55amg/Airlinesig.jpg[/img]

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: February 11, 2008, 04:00:37 pm
Quote from: "Creedy"
well after the admins slow down aircraft production then i think that will solve the flooding problem. No planes no flooding. Only problem i see with that is small airlines will never be able to get their hands on new planes. Slower production means the 5 trillion airlines have no choose but to buy/lease and effectively buyout the market and drive the prices all the way north.

if small airlines cant get aircraft quicker then big aircraft cant also because it will still take them time (money cant solve everything.... well, ok, it may solve you getting the best seat on a plane or a special waiter service on valentines day, but you know what I mean ;) )

Creedy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: February 11, 2008, 04:07:05 pm
well small airlines might not be able to afford buying planes so they rely a lot more on leases and that market is going down the drain if production dont meet the demands of the major airlines. also, major airlines can create a 200 month backlog in production with their orders. Although i guess if plane production is reduced, you wouldnt have these massive airlines anymore (6 - 12 trillion airlines? thats more then the entire airline industry combined times 50)
img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i7/j55amg/Airlinesig.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: February 11, 2008, 04:43:37 pm
If you are talking about the ordering book thingy, our provisional plan is to have it by airline, which means how many you order would not affect how many I order and when my planes would get delivered. It is just that if you order 100 of the same plane, the delivery would be spread out, but my 2 would still be delivered at the shortest period.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: February 11, 2008, 08:28:56 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
If you are talking about the ordering book thingy, our provisional plan is to have it by airline, which means how many you order would not affect how many I order and when my planes would get delivered. It is just that if you order 100 of the same plane, the delivery would be spread out, but my 2 would still be delivered at the shortest period.

Thats a nice approach to this point.

But this game was really slowed down. Look at the used market and see what you can buy. Just four pages are filled with aircrafts. I remember last round we had sometimes over 20 pages - many of them contained scrapped planes the brokers wanted to get rid of. :lol:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: February 11, 2008, 08:30:03 pm
Which reminds me I still have to list my B99's :)

FlyBlueAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: March 12, 2008, 01:46:34 pm
I done a €1,- trip as well on some route where I was competing with somebody else. The reason was not to wipe out his competition, but to let him lower his price to still get 100% load, so I could adjust my price back to normal that we both had 100% load and share that route.

Otherwise both of you keep on adjusting the route price several times per day for the rest of the gametime.

sopangyu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: March 24, 2008, 09:39:16 am
*deleted by dktc: flaming*

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: April 04, 2008, 01:07:16 am
Simply...... I go for the moderators and admin on this subject.....

i have no problem and i try to have fun but people who post with angst and dissagreament on this make it kinda hard. But hey no one can blame the admin or moderators, in the end their only trying to help and do what you want.  :)

Trans-European Airlines
The Airline Of Tommoro
Proud Member of The Horizon Skies Partnership
Now the 24th ranked Alliance

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #100 on: April 04, 2008, 05:12:55 am
Sadly it won't change. There are, and always will be idiots in this world, and you'll never be able to un-idiofy them. Whether it's AM, Driving (Grrrrrr) or anything. The only advice is:

Live with it, and stop moaning, because nobody wants to hear.

(Or send them angry PM's with lots of swearing- works for me! :P )
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

dink87522

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: April 08, 2008, 02:42:38 pm
So its not against game rules to run $1 routes?
b]World 6 ~ Airline Id: 9566[/b]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: April 08, 2008, 03:32:25 pm
Quote from: "dink87522"
So its not against game rules to run $1 routes?

There is no rule regulating prices.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: April 08, 2008, 03:33:36 pm
Apart from how €0.00 is not allowed, but the game won't allow that anyway. So that's not really a rule.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: April 15, 2008, 02:52:12 pm
Quote from: "Triple_7"
Get my 2 cents in I suppose :roll:

Last round I ended up quiting simply because there seemed to be no point to it after awhile...to many routes to keep control of and not enough time in the day.  As with this round its going the same way...all you do is add routes and start the daily price drops to keep up.  Only reason I like this round better is because its with aircraft I actually know something about.

As already mentioned probably more then once this game is just a matter of who has the lowest price...not really competitive.  Seems like those who fly to the top in the beginning stay there and the rest grow at their own slower rate.  I've been trying to grow but after the first 3 days into this round I slipped to the 24-26th range of ranking in Asia and have stayed there since regardless of how many new routes I open or how much my DOP grows...everyone around me is growing at about the same speed.  Theres no competition...seems like at some point you hit a spot in the ranks and hang there.  It gets quite boring just editing routes every day.  €1 can mean the difference between a 25% load and a 100% load.  Theres no in between.  Once you get several hundred routes going who really has time to keep up editing to keep a profit.  It would be a 24 hour job...I've set a price to a 100% load and not 2 seconds later that same route was back to 30% because of €1 :x

It drives some people away the way its set up.  There really needs to be some improvements.  Needs to have something like airline reputation, passenger to hub ratio....say you start out at a small 600K passenger airport as a base and make it your main hub, if you have 200 different destinations served then the passengers handled would climb due to connecting flights from that hub.  With this implemented its possible to limit the number of airlines that can base themselves at an airport.  Right now its unlimited till the gates run out...50 airlines could base themselves at say LHR.  Real life this could never happen.  Bring in options to grow an airport...implement cargo, build a cargo terminal, etc....not only buy gates but runway slots as well....so build new runway options.  

Theres a ton of things that could make this game more realistic and put some fun into it for a change.  Why waist time editing 100 routes because someone dropped the price a couple bucks....then repeat an hour later...this whole time not really gaining anything.  At least airline reputation would have a lot of impact on things.  Relying on your own setup with aircraft configurations, build a private terminal for your airline, alliance connections....all builds into your reputation letting you set your prices to that level but yet have to compete with the other airlines.  Better reputation the more passengers you get and the more profit you make....bad reputation, have fun going bankrupt.  

Its just little things that could be worked in eventually or at least make a world like that.  Many people I knew left last round and never returned...if the game had more of a REAL competitive factor to it people might just hang around and enjoy....not continuously b*tch and moan because of the current over saturated mess its in now.  When the only factor is the ticket price thats just gets boring...also...people at the biggest airports can set the highest prices at the start of a route...in most real cases it costs more to start a trip at a small airport then a large one, not as many connection options and generally small aircraft limiting available seats.

Theres more to that idea but I just got called into work so have to cut it here :cry:

I very much agree on this point. This way it's actually about strategy rather than who can click the fastest. Newer, better planes=higher prices. Nicer terminal=higher prices. More legroom=higher prices. Better safety record=higher prices. However, all of those amenities entail higher costs. This way, you have to weight the costs of new amenities/extra maintenance/fewer seats on a plane vs. the benefits of higher fares and such.

I'd also like to see some kind of antitrust regulation. The whole point of the game is to encourage competition, not stifle it.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk