Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 16, 2008, 03:16:54 am
Quote from: "blue25"
Quote from: "nwaboy"
Define stupid. :|

Your mom :lol:

hey! :| :evil:

:lol:

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 16, 2008, 03:24:44 am

I couldn't resist. :wink:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 16, 2008, 03:29:01 am

I couldn't resist. :wink:

now that's my kind of person :twisted: :D :wink:

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 16, 2008, 03:43:27 am
What does that mean? Your kind of person :shock:  You guys are meant for each other! :P  :twisted:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 16, 2008, 03:45:37 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
What does that mean? Your kind of person :shock:  You guys are meant for each other! :P  :twisted:

:roll: whatever. :P

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 31, 2008, 09:00:09 pm
STAY ON TOPIC!

We are (or should be) discussing €1 routes!

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: February 10, 2008, 01:32:18 am
I didn't read anything past the first page, so excuse me if this has been touched on, but might one remedy be to set it so that you can not set up a route that will cause you earn negative income?  Like the A300 starts to go in the negatives around 10 euro  ( I think), while the B99 (I again, think) is 5 euro.  

You'll still earn income on the route as long as you're wise enough to change planes and price it correctly.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: February 10, 2008, 01:35:35 am
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
I didn't read anything past the first page, so excuse me if this has been touched on, but might one remedy be to set it so that you can not set up a route that will cause you earn negative income?  Like the A300 starts to go in the negatives around 10 euro  ( I think), while the B99 (I again, think) is 5 euro.  

You'll still earn income on the route as long as you're wise enough to change planes and price it correctly.

Well, that does sound great, but sometimes the fares are great for pushing out some competition, it hits you harder at first, then it can soften up. Also, because you make a profit on a route dosn't mean you'll make a monthly profit at the month change (remember the gate fees).

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: February 10, 2008, 02:12:02 am
hmm... so what you are saying is to protect the players who dump on routes from going negative? or that there should be a minimum ticket price where everyone is going to be at?

either ways, this would not work.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: February 10, 2008, 02:44:45 am
Was this aimed at me or Thanks_for_the_upgrade? I'm personally more against that type of protectionism since I know it wouldn't work, but I am more for common sense (like the soultion to 80% of the fare wars is rarely a bunch of A300B1s.) But that is rare nowdays.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: February 10, 2008, 02:57:48 am
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Was this aimed at me or Thanks_for_the_upgrade?

Thanks for the upgrade.
D Express (id 616) 8)

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: February 10, 2008, 03:03:12 am
personally i think the limit of 2 .5 routes on ONE aircrafts has speed up the competition......
it's because the air fare is quite low when the round commences......
for example if we create 0.5x routes for ORD-ATL....we can set the cost 1000euro
but if we do 1x frequency.....the cost maybe halved....
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: February 10, 2008, 03:09:55 am
Quote from: "epxair"
personally i think the limit of 2 .5 routes on ONE aircrafts has speed up the competition......
it's because the air fare is quite low when the round commences......
for example if we create 0.5x routes for ORD-ATL....we can set the cost 1000euro
but if we do 1x frequency.....the cost maybe halved....

Well, I personally wouldn't like to see pandora's box opened again by having airlines at larger cities expand quickly within the first 3 game months by flying almost entirly .5s. But I think the current 2 .5s for each plane is just a temporary solution, eventually, I think there will be something that will allow logical .5s.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 10, 2008, 03:34:13 am
Quote from: "dktc"
hmm... so what you are saying is to protect the players who dump on routes from going negative? or that there should be a minimum ticket price where everyone is going to be at?

either ways, this would not work.

Nope, not what I meant...  Let me try to explain it (bare with me).  

You already have something in place that tells us what the cost of running a route are.  These are purely made up numbers but lets say I set up a route from JFK-LAX; as I price my route it already tells me what the costs of running that route are which are then subtracted out of the profit to give me my profit for that route.  100,000 base earnings, 12,000 costs, 88,000 profit.  

If I use a larger plane my base earnings might be 125,000.  The costs for a larger plane seem to be higher though so let's say this plane has 18,000 in costs for a total profit of 107,000.  

You already scripted in what the costs are for each plane for each route, so you've already done all the hard work.

My suggestion is to basically set it so that you can not create a route that will make you earn a negative profit on PURPOSE.  

Essentially have it scan of a minus symbol then give you an error like when you try to sell a plane for too little too much.  "I'm sorry, but you have priced yourself to not earn a profit for this route.  Try again and make sure you have positive earnings."

How this would apply to the game is that (using the above references) airline #2 with the larger plane could only drop their fare to the point where their base earnings are 12,000 euro (minus 12,000 in route costs = 0 euro profit).  That fare threshold might be 15 euro.  The first airline using the smaller plane with LESS calculated route costs might have a fare threshold of 8 euro.  Thus they could technically price themselves at 14 euro and still make a profit.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: February 10, 2008, 03:40:57 am
Two issues...

1. Larger aircrafts should have lower costs per seat available per mile (...so the player operating the larger plane would actually be the one who has the lower ticket price limit).

2. This would prevent the dumpers from suffering intentional losses, which is unrealistic (for some players). The admin team is intent to go the opposite way, which is to increase the costs and thus the loss.
D Express (id 616) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk