Airline Mogul Forum

How to increase D.O.C.

piercejoelm

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2013, 10:54:50 pm
It is 1996, I am based out of Boston, MA currently running 30 routes to 29 destinations, and my D.O.C. is 1,821,745. I am currently using 2 AN-38-100; 2 ATR 42-320; 2 SUPER 748; 1 BASLER TURBO-67; and I lease out 5 VardaxServ-Aero Hotters for 170,000/mo for 24 months each. I also have 4 KFC CV5800 on order. My question is, that I am not sure what else to do to increase my profits. I have flights ranging from 0.5 frequency to 1 depending on which makes more money, to all gates costing 350,000; 300,000; and 250,000. I also fly to all airports within 1,000 nm of Boston. I plan on creating another base in Dallas and Los Angeles to continue reaching all American, Canadian, and Mexican airports within a 2,000nm range. I have read that 1500-2000nm a/c are the most profitable, so I am trying that. But, I just don't understand how others have D.O.C. of 15+million

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 12:44:29 am
Hi there,

Firstly welcome to Airline Mogul. :) Your on the right track with KFC CV5800's. In World 2546 they are quite a popular aircraft. This is due to their low ownership costs, relatively high speed and range as well as a decent capacity. You should start aiming to grow the capacity on your routes by ordering bigger aircraft. The first step will be achieved by the CV5800's. What other airlines have done in this world is progressed onto Fokker 70/100's before stepping onto the Airbus and Boeing narrowbodies. You will find that up to 130-150 seat range aircraft your profits should grow as you deploy bigger aircraft.

Find an aircraft mix that works for you, as new larger aircraft come in you can use them to re-deploy smaller aircraft onto new routes or new bases. You will find that being based in Boston you will run out of airports within a short distance, having a second base in the region (More south west) will help cover your gate costs as you increase utilization. If you end up going to Los Angeles straight away the chances are most of your gates will be new and you will drive up your costs further.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk