• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: September 25, 2013, 07:52:19 am
Something interesting I saw on the in-game forum of world 2707:

http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=2677&t=45

This game is not rational if we look from the fleet owned by players, there are players who have more than a thousand aircraft. MY question is, where the plane was stored? and how can an airline has a fleet of aircraft that much?
As we know hangar provided by the airport manager was not possible until a thousand more in one airport or that airport must be huge to make it possible
My sugestion,AM must make rule about fleet.
because the player will feel bored if the fleet is much,different if the fleet is limited.
and the player would not want to choose the right aircraft for his airline.
that is airline managerSmile

Or AM just make limit for aircraft can be operated for his/her airline, because we can also play with lease aircraft

Best Regard,
Wahyu Akrabien

And this is the reply from another player:

Many airlines purchase aircraft that they dont use. No wonder you sometimes see aircraft offloaded on the market with zero circles, but a bit aged, or even sometimes very aged.

i personally do not support the idea of flee restrictions, but I think airport slots algorithm should include space needed for inactive fleet. i do understand storage is discouraged by AM, but perhaps any unused aircraft should be considered to be occupying airport slots, unless its under storage, and storage space should be created by airlines just the same way airlines construct terminals in AM. maintanance charges should also be applicable to unused aircraft occupying airport slots, but lower maintanance charges should be applicable to those in the hangars or storage slots.

What do you think? Do we need storage space? Do airlines grow too much?

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:56 pm
I'vealways tought that growth was too rapid in this game.

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:49:51 pm
Agree with Shawa, growth is too rapid.

Harry29

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:17:01 am
It is important to allow airlines to grow, but in every world there are always a few airlines that grow at such a ridiculous rate that it becomes a real nuisance trying to compete with them. The first months of 'Maintenance World' were a good example of this; a few airlines had 1000s of routes within a week! Maybe a cap on the number of aeroplanes delivered at a time would be effective-perhaps a maximum or 10 a day from each manufacturer. For example, if you ordered 100 Boeing 737s, you would get 10 each day, or if you ordered 50 Boeing 737s and 50 Boeing 717s, you'd get 5 of each, each day. But, if you used different manufacturers and ordered 50 Airbus A320s and 50 Boeing 737s, you'd get 10 of each, each day. This would discourage extreme growth without stopping it all together because although it's possible to get lots of planes from lots of manufacturers, that is unlikely to give you an ideal fleet.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:52:25 pm
I like that idea, maybe Stephen would like to consider it when making the order books in 100 years time? :P

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 11:10:18 pm
One thing that really amplifies growth is Aircraft Brokers. You can see how quickly airlines pass the €1bn value mark as well as ordering large jets when brokers are in a world. They help fuel incredible growth that would not otherwise be possible without them. I usually get brokers asking for extra help handling their large orderbooks but I try to resist because I know helping them will only fuel growth even more.

Some pace to the game, including orderbooks would be nice. But I believe the main issue is airlines are far too profitable compared to real life.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Harry29

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:29:31 am
It seems to me that short haul routes from major airports (even to tiny ones with <10 passengers) are extremely profitable, and this is what allows some airlines to grow so quickly. Airlines that attempt to create a long haul network normal grow very slowly in comparison.

Johnny29683

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 03:52:23 pm
Most of the airlines have much profit because flying all possible routes from major airports (even from 10M Pax airports) is very profitable.

I agree with orderbooks but you can also add real-life montly production for each plane. That would solve a few issues like more reality to the game, more pace and more realistic growth for each airline.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk