Airline Mogul Forum

Create route option

homsar · 10 · 3896

homsar

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 06, 2011, 01:48:30 am
How about an option when creating routes to just type in the airport code for the origin/destination, rather than having to search through the list?

For example, if I'm creating IAH-ATL, I have to scroll down the list, and remember that IAH is really George Bush Houston Intercontinental....etc., and Atlanta is Hartsfield...whatever.

It would be much easier for me to type in IAH in one field, and ATL in another.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:57:58 am
Maybe you should try

cntrl and F

Sincerely, Mastafa

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:15:58 am
Have you tried to use Ctrl+F on a drop-down menu?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

homsar

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 05:18:10 am
Control+F doesn't work with the drop-down menu, at least not for me (I'm using Firefox 3.6).

Even if it did, it's still an extra step that I was hoping to be able to avoid with a shortcut.  Just like you can enter the code when searching for gates to rent, instead of having to load a country/continent, and search for the airport that way.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:14:19 am
I like it, excellent idea.

For finding the airport in the drop-down list, press the two first letters of the name fast one after each other.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:42:33 pm
We can't stick the code in before the airport name as that would disrupt those that use the system the way it is. But the create route process overall is definitely lacking in airport codes.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:57:23 pm
Maybe he should get Gate Search Premuim

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=11975.0
Sincerely, Mastafa

homsar

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 02:35:24 am
Looking at your step-by-step thread on Gate Search Premium, that looks like it takes even more steps than the current Create Route setup.

In my case, I already have the gates, and know what airports I want to use.  I don't need to "search" for anything.  I'm just looking for a shortcut that allows me to use the keyboard to type in what airport I want, without having to use the drop-down menu.  Normally, the drop-down menu works fine, as I can select it and start typing out the name of the airport that I want.  However, not every airport has an obvious name (Houston starts with G, Atlanta starts with H, San Jose starts with N, Columbus starts with P, etc.).

I'll probably get the premium gate search eventually, but I still don't think that will solve what I'm suggesting here.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:49 pm
Premium Gate Search and the "create route" functionality allows for much quicker route creation.

If I need to swap aircraft, I close routes individually and use the recreate route functionality.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 07:01:38 pm
Premium Gate Search and the "create route" functionality allows for much quicker route creation.

If I need to swap aircraft, I close routes individually and use the recreate route functionality.

I agree
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk