Airline Mogul Forum

PW#2393: Carry Your National Flag!

Cloudscraper

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:42 pm
This world is designed to enable you to replicate the experience of setting up a national flag carrier, which operates out of one country.

Airlines must be based in one country, so rather than having bases all over Europe, Asia or wherever, they need to restrict themselves to China, France, Brazil etc. However, groupings of nations are allowed where it makes sense (and where perhaps there is already a precedent in the airline industry), such as Caribbean islands, smaller (and neighbouring!) Central American or African countries, or in Europe places like Benelux and Scandinavia.

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:20:58 pm
Thanks to cloudscraper for flagging up (boom boom) this world while my internet connection was down.

This world offers you the opportunity to have a go at building up a national carrier. It's all about developing a route network from hubs positioned close together, and then using alliances to go further afield if you want.

We've got some airlines going at the typical big hubs in America, my own is developing nicely out of Germany, there's carriers springing up in parts of Asia and elsewhere in Europe, but most of the world is still up for grabs.

Fancy setting up Transport d'Avions de France? Or Air South Africa? AeroBrasil? Mexican Airlines? Kangaroo Airways? There's hubs a-plenty to try out, and if you want to ask me first whether a country is taken yet then please just drop me a line.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the world, flag-carrying and all.
ID: 8330

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 07:23:45 am
I might be interested. What is the starting aircraft? Hub limits? Player limits?

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:10:48 pm
Would it be possible to become a scandinavian flag carrier.

If not, it is ok to establish bases in the other nations, just not beeing the flag carrier?

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:50:26 pm
The hub limits are 5, but as this is a situation where you are expected to build a national carrier, no foreign bases are allowed.  Indeed, hubs are all expected to be within one country, unless you are starting out from a small country where there is a logical reason (or real-world precedent) for crossing borders. So, I would allow some grouping in Central America or the Caribbean, in Europe the Benelux or Scandinavian countries, in the Middle East perhaps some replica of the old Gulf Air etc. Best to check with me if unsure.

The starting aircraft are 4 x B717-200HGWs, the cash is €2,000,000, and you'll get 2 gates at your chosen base airport.

As for Scandinavia, the world's second largest airline happens to be playing that front, based out of Oslo and Stockholm, but I'm sure there's room for some competition if you feel up to it :-)

Failing that, how about a Qualifyer-esque Swiss-Austrian link-up?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 02:18:16 pm
I have several possibilities open, but five hubs limits the growth in bigger countries - e.g Russia, China, Japan, Mexico, France, Australia, etc.

I am quite sure I will join, but not yet, as I am in two worlds already. In a month, perhaps?

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:22:46 pm
I have joined as Air Al Saud and will be growing as an airline with all its bases in Saudi Arabia.

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 05:00:59 pm
as Mathias I am involved in more worlds, but in a month or two I should have the time to do some competition in Scandinavia :D

I am in three world, one ends in october, one december or january or so, and one is long term

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 06:08:31 pm
Join whenever you fancy  :D

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 06:44:32 pm
As i am not expanding in W2936 i joined as US Airlines from CLT.

/edit im not in rankings as game set me automaticaly as world broker.  It will allow me later to broker as in W2396.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:01:40 pm by Hal »
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

ced_ampo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 07:50:35 am
I'm in as AeroFranc based in France.  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk