Airline Mogul Forum

Best Real-Life Airlines

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 05:15:04 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"
i would say Iran Air (even with their sanctions) are doing extremely well in terms of the quality of their flights (and not to mention their sexy a/c ;)). I have flown with them many times and they were always helpful and polite and I would give them more than 5*'s ;)
as with emirates (only flown once on a A332 with a return from IKA (imam khomeni airport in tehran) to DXB) they are 5* on the luxury factor

I'd love to fly Iran Air's 707 or 747SP one day... I'm astonished they can keep these planes flying! I heard that they'd get a leased 747-400. Is that true?
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

CMS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 08:30:28 pm
Quote from: "Armygrognard"
Quote from: "nwaboy"
I'm thinking of making a poll of the best real-life airlines.  If you have any suggestions please post them here!  :)

Nowadays?  I think they all reek (in the U.S.)

Back in the early 80's I really like Piedmont.  Then they were bought by US Airways (I think).  Then...

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Piedmont still exists.  It operates for US Air express.   They fly the REALLY REALLY loud Dash-8 (which many of you probably know from the previous generation.  I didn't play, so I dont know for sure.)  

Christopher
ankee Airways (YAW):6271
Winning service sense 1865

CMS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 09:03:08 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
i would say Iran Air (even with their sanctions) are doing extremely well in terms of the quality of their flights (and not to mention their sexy a/c ;)). I have flown with them many times and they were always helpful and polite and I would give them more than 5*'s ;)
as with emirates (only flown once on a A332 with a return from IKA (imam khomeni airport in tehran) to DXB) they are 5* on the luxury factor

I'd love to fly Iran Air's 707 or 747SP one day... I'm astonished they can keep these planes flying! I heard that they'd get a leased 747-400. Is that true?

I wish I could remember the publication, (I work at a news stand, so I see A LOT of magazines,) but some aviation history magazine had a reporter go to Iran to fly on one of thier 707's.   It was an intresting read.  It might have been "Avation Classics."

Christopher
ankee Airways (YAW):6271
Winning service sense 1865

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 09:19:09 pm
I'm thinking of making a poll of the best real-life airlines.  If you have any suggestions please post them here!  :)

Back in the early 80's I really like Piedmont.  Then they were bought by US Airways (I think).  Then...

Have you ever flown on Midwest Airlines.  It is very nice.

Big leather seats with head rests and foot rests.
Meals served on board.  Don't forget the freshly backed chacolate cookies.
And an In-Flight entertainment system.

They are pretty nice compared to the Legacy Carriers.
Bryce Rea

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 11:07:14 pm
Quote from: "CMS"
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

I wish I could remember the publication, (I work at a news stand, so I see A LOT of magazines,) but some aviation history magazine had a reporter go to Iran to fly on one of thier 707's.   It was an intresting read.  It might have been "Avation Classics."

Christopher

Some German travel agencies offer voyages where you travel to Iran on one of IR's A300s, then take some inner iranian flights onboard Air Mahan's 707s and finally travel to Southern America in one of IR's 747 sp. I'd really like to take that trip but it's bloody expensive.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 11:47:32 pm
I have had some steller service with United on some domestic 767 flights, in Business and economy. My mom always said that she should ahve tried to get that 100,000 miles reward for sending in feedback, but she never did it. My worst service was on a Olympic Airlines flight in 2001. They had people still smoking on board (including the flight attendants!). I am happy to say that there service has since then, greatly improved.

Does anyone no how to switch continents or delete your account?
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 12:26:36 am
Quote from: "sla31"

Have you ever flown on Midwest Airlines.  It is very nice.

Big leather seats with head rests and foot rests.
Meals served on board.  Don't forget the freshly backed chacolate cookies.
And an In-Flight entertainment system.

They are pretty nice compared to the Legacy Carriers.

Midwest is by far the best airline in the US in terms of service.  

They're an all business class airline with coach fares.  Can't beat that!  The Milwaukee hub is also nice - their concourse is small, uncrowded, and easy to navigate.
lying Badger Airlines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk