Airline Mogul Forum

New public world creation script

Hal · 7 · 2825

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 20, 2010, 11:58:44 am
As last created worlds are not very good.  I think the cript needs some changes.

- 3 continents at least for public world
- reduced number of players ( 1400 for full world is too much, some airports are too overcrowded, 600 - 700 will be enough ).
- better starting aircraft like some small jet

Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 01:52:34 am
not sure if you can change it as its computer-generated, not user generated. If you want a user-generated world (such as your suggestion), join/create a private world.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:10:55 pm by Japanair »

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:32:38 am
Those are actually suggestions for us to refine the generation script. They are some interesting ideas, but we would like to hear from more players.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:29:01 am
I would agree that the script seems to make too many small worlds. However, the idea of making a minimum number of continents naturally would mean those who want small worlds can't play them. I would suggest, seeing as full worlds seem most popular, having two current public worlds - one being only a full world and the other randomised out of the other options. When either category reaches the requirement for a new world, then a new one of that type is made.

I don't think that the number of players is much of an issue at the moment. Pre-multi worlds it was quite a lot higher, and more players makes the game more interesting - as you can have more interactions with people.
One can't expect to have little competition in the larger airports, indeed it adds more strategy to the game, as the largest airports may not be the best places to base.

neldot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:53:07 am
I would suggest, seeing as full worlds seem most popular, having two current public worlds - one being only a full world and the other randomised out of the other options. When either category reaches the requirement for a new world, then a new one of that type is made.

I agree. It would be very interesting to have two current public worlds simultaneously, one full world and one randomised world. :)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:27 am
- reduced number of players ( 1400 for full world is too much, some airports are too overcrowded, 600 - 700 will be enough ).
600-700 in a full world would become very boring. Over 2000 players in a full world like in the old days...now that was fun.

- better starting aircraft like some small jet

Players should earn their way to jets--except in worlds that last only 1-3 years.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Jtimes

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:44:10 pm

600-700 in a full world would become very boring. Over 2000 players in a full world like in the old days...now that was fun.

I agree with this because when it was like worlds under 10 there was so much fun competition in NA, and EU and started to have some in the AU also. So allowing more people to join in public worlds might bring some people back to them.
Owner and CEO of All Star Air

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk