Airline Mogul Forum

Critique of new features

grogri

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 07:03:45 pm
well done!! really well done! a good refresh of the old theme, very intersting the option Research Routes, i wait it for a long time....just one question, i don't found the Google map routes....
research route was there since the dawn of time  ???

route map is in admin
ops.. :roll:..i don't remember, i think its for internet explorer.... :-[

Ceylon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 08:05:57 pm
OMG the new look is REALLY NICE!! its gonna take some time to get used to but its NICEEEEEEE!! thanks guys  :D

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 09:25:01 pm
Awesome changes. It looks great!  8)

Lux Carriers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:48 pm
Found another bug. When I went to create my world it said my world costs 55 tokens and then underneath it said i had 55 tokens and couldn't afford it. and yes im sure it said it cost 55 and said i had 55.I wish there would be a cap on the cost of worlds maybe like 250 tokens. I was bored and researched a world where everyone got 5 747's...... the cost 19,735,844,608,228,520 tokens. :o :o :o One suggestion on creating world, on the drop down menus include off to the side the affect on the token cost  So say when you start on zero years you move it up to ten years and to the side it says 1 year           +3    2 years              +6  and so one or like on the aircraft it says the cost to add them. Then when you click on update it changes where then 9 years says -3. Sorry I know that was incredibly confusing.
ux Carriers~
      ~First class flight~First class destinations~Coach prices~

BBAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 09:52:14 pm
Question on the new 'View Aircraft' page:

1. I understand 'Age' is still visible if you expand the information on each aircraft - but is it no longer possible to sort by 'Age'?
2. Also, the 'Book Value' of the a/c is gone...it was really useful when making decisions on selling planes.

Are there any workarounds for either of the above? (I guess using the Aircraft ID as a proxy...not too far, but also not quite what I am looking for...)

Thank you!

pharmy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 10:01:34 pm

Gate rental with negative funds - won't let me rent a gate at -100mil. This happened in the older version as well, but this time it didn't write out the result of the gate rental (tried OCP and regular as well). By the way what is the limit at which gates can't be rented?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 10:05:34 pm
Somewhere in the region of 5-10% of value.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Chicago225

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 10:26:38 pm
I can't scrap airplanes.  It is at 24 hours and it says "Make sure all routes are closed and that the plane is yours"

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 01:08:27 am
Apart from the reported bugs, I'd like to get some focused feedback on new features, and looking at the posts in this thread, the main issue here would be the View Routes page. So, let's get to the point. 1) What data, in your opinion, should be placed on the main row, and 2) do you oppose the introduction of more icons if it makes options more accessible, that sort of stuff. For an example of the use of icons, just look at the View Aircraft page. We iconized the A/C Info and Scrap A/C links, just to make them easier to access while not taking too much space in the table. Should we do the same for Routes?

Jacko-Smitha

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16:43 am
WOW IT'S AWESOME WELL DONE INDEED! a much nicer eye friendly AM interface love it! well done guys!

cameron1991

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 01:56:35 am
I like the new changes, but it's going to take some time to get used to them...
There also seems to be more server lag than before  :(
Jetstar Airways, W8,W9     Europe Blue, W10

ID:12870

Singapore Airlines (SQ380)

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 03:34:32 am
I think the new design looks very professional and it must have taken a while to create such an improvement.

In my opinion, is it possible to include the loadfactor on the quick stats box, because since the box appears on the pages, it makes it easier to check the loadfactor. The previous site had quick stats on the top right-hand side of the page, which included loadfactor. Having loadfactor information on the quick stats box (new site) would make it easier to keep an eye on the loadfactor for your airline.

Seattlepilot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12:13 am
Any progress on the bugs I reported? I still have an aircraft that was supposed to be delivered in 48 days that went to 78 after the upgrade.
Also, I cannot see anything when i click on the details of Open Broker Requests. The listing is supposed to produce Airline Name, Aircraft Type, Quantity, List Price, Markup, Your Liability. Every single item is empty..

Lastly, I cannot see the airplanes listed to me by my broker in the Aircraft For Sale section. Where did they go?

Once again, you cannot put a pretty picture on the website by trashing the functionality. Looks like the beta version has not been tested really well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:18:20 am by Seattlepilot »

Seattlepilot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 04:45:34 am
Aircraft return bug:
 When I return a leased aircraft only the first route is displayed as closed. It should be the entire route system that gets cancelled.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 05:07:17 am
I have a number of suggestions about improving the View Routes and View Aircraft pages. Please discuss.

About changing the View Routes page:
The flight number should be removed from the main row. I don't think it (or the link to detailed info) is needed very often. The link to extra info could be made into an icon, like the AC info icon.

I think the Edit Route button needs to be moved onto the main row. I would probably use that most out of any of the links on the page. This could be in the form of an icon.

I think the close routes check box should be put on the main row. I think it would probably suffice to have only the check box on the main row. If you only need to close one or two flights, it is not to inconvenient to open up the tab, if you want to close lots of routes, the check box is easiest.

On the View Aircraft page:
 I think the aircraft age really needs to be shown.

As a side issue, maybe it could be shown to one decimal place, because rounded to one year (when you replace them between 2 to 4 years) is quite inaccurate.

Maybe the status could be changed into icons, I don't think it needs to be written out in full.

Another thing, when viewing specific fleet, cold the Aircraft Summary box, to the right, only show the aircraft in that fleet.

Could there also be an option to view aircraft not in a fleet, maybe next to the All Fleet link.

Edit:
I also noticed, on the home page, under Purchase Tokens: "Private Worlds are still in development and further updates about them will be made in due course."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:08:28 am by CHR »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk