Airline Mogul Forum

Routes with > 10 frequency

dktc · 6 · 3240

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: October 21, 2007, 01:33:39 am
After much discussion, the admin team has decided not to uphold the >10 frequency rule this round. We no longer see a need for that rule because, with the implementation of gate cap and terminal features, the gate hogging situation is no longer an issue. Our stance is that if a player want to compete with him/herself and lose money by running 100 frequecies, let him/her do it (as long as there are no more than 2 0.5 frequencies within those 100). Therefore, we will only enforce the 0.5 frequency rule in the future, unless we see a change in the situation.

Our Zero Tolerance policy for more than 2 0.5 frequencies remains unchanged. Any and all such cases bought to the attention of the admins would result in closure of route(s), account suspension, and possibly disciplinary actions.

Controlling multiple accounts would also results in account suspension without warning. Feeder accounts would be deleted promptly when discovered.

Here, I would like to urge you all to follow the game rules and make AM a better community. Please play fair so everyone could enjoy the game to the degree of his/her own ability.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:49:29 am
What if a person did 72 freq daily from Airport A to Airport B?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 12:01:04 pm
It was actually 72.5 frequencies - 72 on one plane plus a 0.5 on another! :lol:

It was all good fun though.  I got competetive on pricing, he backed off, and we had a friendly message exchange over it.
lying Badger Airlines

Armygrognard

Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:02:55 pm
Quote from: "Max2147"

It was all good fun though.  I got competetive on pricing, he backed off, and we had a friendly message exchange over it.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Wow!  I was messing with fire last age!

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:52:55 pm
Quote from: "Armygrognard"
Quote from: "Max2147"

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Wow!  I was messing with fire last age!

It was somebody else doing 72.5 against me, not the other way round!

The problem is that for a 72.5 frequency route you need to pay for a plane just for that route, you need to rent 8 gates at your destination, plus use up 73 slots at your hub.  Most routes aren't profitable enough at any frequency to justify that sort of expense.
lying Badger Airlines

Armygrognard

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 07:59:29 pm
I've got a few loons on a couple routes, but nothing like that. :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk