StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 02:05:09 am
I am trying to decide.

One set of Ideas I have is:

• You can send group messages to your alliance
  • A used market can be available just for your alliance or have alliance pricing
  • When an alliance member flies into one of your focus cities, you get 20% of their revenues where as they only get 80% (Same goes for you flying into theirs)
  • When flying to an alliance partners hub you can gain extra passengers due to the "Hub effect" aswell as the previous option
  • In terms of setting up it would cost a fixed ammount to setup, and for each new member it costs everyone a little but the new member a fixed ammount that goes up with new members. So lets say its upgrading computers of course an alliance that has 5 members wont need to spend as much money on upgrading as an alliance with 100. (Simple view)

How does that sound? Any suggestions?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:57:09 am
Sounds great, I have a few more ideas:

Selling each other planes before they are delivered, kind of like selling delivery slots.

Building new terminals in airports for your alliance to use.

Codesharing

Other suggestions I have are:

Pictures of the aircraft when you order them or whatever, plus you can put a colourscheme on you aircraft, and somehow being able to link that up with flightsim to take photos of the airports with service, like the gate area, so you get an idea of what type of planes and what airlines use the airport (Probably better for smaller airports with not many services).

Changing the airport market share section into a Pie Chart

Stop the program from letting you rent your own aircraft. I have done this by accident and need someone to reset it for me!
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 10:32:41 am
Quote from: "EXTspotter"

Selling each other planes before they are delivered, kind of like selling delivery slots.

Sounds good, will add it in.

Building new terminals in airports for your alliance to use.

Quite easily achieved, probably will allow this one too. But why you want your own alliance to be in an important city serving your destinations is beyond me.

Codesharing

That is the focus city thing. No point in having it for all flights, why do you want to loose out on revenue?

Pictures of the aircraft when you order them

Its actually there, only I haven't had many photo's submitted!

plus you can put a colourscheme on you aircraft, and somehow being able to link that up with flightsim to take photos of the airports with service, like the gate area, so you get an idea of what type of planes and what airlines use the airport (Probably better for smaller airports with not many services).

Way beyond my coding level I'm afraid!

Changing the airport market share section into a Pie Chart

Spent ages working on the same chart scripts as AE has, very complicated. Will get back to this area in the future.

Stop the program from letting you rent your own aircraft. I have done this by accident and need someone to reset it for me!

You both own and lease the aircraft so it has no effect. Will put in a stop for it though.
Stephen Murphy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:59:12 am

Pictures of the aircraft when you order them

Try buying an L1011-100 series, it has a photo.

If anyone has any photos they would like to share with AM please PM me.
Stephen Murphy

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:11:37 am
yay, I am of value!
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 11:21:09 am
Went through my far from perfect aircraft photo collection, not a lot of interest in terms of whats in use now ingame. I added:

Britten Norman Tri-lander (BN2A Mk.3)
Boeing 747-300
ATR42-300/320
Stephen Murphy

MUFC4evr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 10:33:57 am
how about a combined route map for u an ur alliance partners.
anchester Airways-Manchester's Airline

[/U

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:19:16 pm
is there even going to be part of the forum solely for alliances?  :lol:
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 07:41:40 pm
Quote from: "Maestro69"
is there even going to be part of the forum solely for alliances?  :lol:

You need to have a function for them first instead of the AE way of an alliance being an organised approach of "I'm taking this airport, go look for another one" :P
Stephen Murphy

MUFC4evr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 08:41:28 pm
I think a codeshare in alliances wud be good because u cud get more passengers if u fly to a destination that an alliance partners serves then u wud get more pax due to connections. Also the codeshared flights cud be in different colours on the route maps.
anchester Airways-Manchester's Airline

[/U

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 10:33:12 pm
Quote from: "MUFC4evr"
[...] the codeshared flights cud be in different colours on the route maps.

IIRC, the route maps used in AM are from http://gc.kls2.com/, this site just maps the airports  used in the route and projects them on maps using red lines. Point of the story, the site doesn't use any other color than red as far as I know. I had thought of this too, but if i'm right about the site colour usage thing, it's not quite possible to do. You could put all the alliance's flights on the routemap, but it'd look quite, erm, crowded if you had a few big airlines.

vc-10

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 11:09:55 pm
Have you got any idea about when the alliance feature will be added? Much better than AE...some real feedback for a change!
ly British World Airlines

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 11:08:33 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Quote from: "MUFC4evr"
[...] the codeshared flights cud be in different colours on the route maps.

IIRC, the route maps used in AM are from http://gc.kls2.com/, this site just maps the airports  used in the route and projects them on maps using red lines. Point of the story, the site doesn't use any other color than red as far as I know. I had thought of this too, but if i'm right about the site colour usage thing, it's not quite possible to do. You could put all the alliance's flights on the routemap, but it'd look quite, erm, crowded if you had a few big airlines.

The reason why they come from the GCM is because it was easy to code. I may try FallingRain aswell for route maps, that is ok for coding aswell. What I can do for alliance route maps is have on a "Route Map" page, similar to the Operations Department (Cashflow statements) on your main screen you see a routemap, and on the right you can select another one, like a hub or a base, your entire network, or your alliances. How does that sound?
Stephen Murphy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 11:09:39 am
Quote from: "vc-10"
Much better than AE...some real feedback for a change!

Well I didn't do much work on AM since the summer and I decided I'd give myself a kick in the tail end to get AM moving again.  :lol:
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk