AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 07:43:43 pm
Quote from: "waerth"
:(

I could have found good secondary sources for a number of them .......

Waerth

Due to a few errors [somehow the lat/long wound up as 0's, pax numbers all made up] they've been removed from blocking out these airport submissions in the future.  Thank you AzZellon, but yes, as mentioned before we need a little bit better basis for the numbers.  Didn't mean to undo your work otherwise. I like seeing new airports make it in, especially in lacking regions like the mid-east, but. yes.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 07:50:31 pm
Ok that means I can look at them again later ......

The *$%#*%#$% Pacific Islands are a ball ....... not ..... Every island seems to have a small airport with commercial traffic. The planes servicing them are not big but still. Lots and lots of work. But it is nice to see them appear in the game quickly that actually inspires to keep on submitting.

Waerth

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 07:54:47 pm
I guess you did the right decision's for the better, hope you can find some data ASAP otherwise I really think you yourselves will make up most of the airport's PAX capacities.. What a waste..
b]Click![/b]

ETA of Iranair's 747 - Unknown cuz Boeing is laughing it's a** off

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 09:00:45 pm
I will get you some more airports in the middle east ....... might it be an idea to move a number of the Central Asian former Soviet republics to the middle east? And Pakistan and Afghanistan as well????? All of these countries are muslim nations more or less.

My promise azzellon within a couple of days there will be a few more airports.

Waerth

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 11:54:59 pm
Apart from Saudi Arabia, Israel and Turkey I have now gone through every country in the Middle East in the game and have found only a few new airports.

The Saudi data I have. I remember someone mentioning having the Turkish data ..... Israel is a seperate case and I need to look at that again.

But this is really all I can make off the Middle East. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Waerth

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 12:09:08 am
Thank's, your doing more than enough and it's being praised atm, I did my part yet to no avail, hopefully you can.  :)

UPDATE on KWI

http://kuna.net.kw/home/Story.aspx?Language=en&DSNO=1060306

7 million + PAX for 2007 - Airline Mogul has it under 6,950,000. Possible to change ?

On the Pakistan and Afghanistan suggestion, I think that's a wonderful suggestion, most website's consider them Middle Eastern countries, the only differential fact is of language and culture otherwise i'm 100% for this idea. Take a look at Egypt as well, I know Africa is lacking A LOT of airport's and conventional PAX capacities but from what I'm reading on the internet it's a Middle Eastern country as well!
b]Click![/b]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 04:43:57 am
Update on KWI... the kwi airport actually gives statistics for both pax and freight, however at the moment they've only posted Jan-Nov 2007.  someone want to keep an eye on it and let me know when it's showing jan-dec?

www.kuwait-airport.com.kw -> click statistics.

Egypt's movement is near impossible. Africa is not strong enough to support such a move [though yes. Egypt is a nation which is oft classified in the mid-east, though about as often it's classified as in Africa].  Traditional definitions of the mid-east cover between Turkey, Egypt, and Iran.  Some definitions extend it out to afghanistan and pakistan as i recall.  If countries are moved as a whole, we cannot do it until between ages, however i'm not personally over-eager to move afghanistan/pakistan to the mid-east at the moment.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 12:57:50 pm
Well KUNA is Kuwait's official new's agency, so I assume the seven million number os 100% accurate, the airport statistic might be not updated regularly or mistaken. I live in Kuwait and it's been mentioned on TV and newspaper.. and now KUNA.  :)
b]Click![/b]

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:32 pm
Quote from: "AzZellon"
Well KUNA is Kuwait's official new's agency, so I assume the seven million number os 100% accurate, the airport statistic might be not updated regularly or mistaken. I live in Kuwait and it's been mentioned on TV and newspaper.. and now KUNA.  :)

Never ever trust news agencies, newspapers, tv or the internet. Much of the figures you will see in newsoutlets will have been rounded upwards to make them look better. So if there are 6.750.000 pax they will say 7 mill just to make it look nicer.

Waerth

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 01:34:21 pm
Quote from: "waerth"

Never ever trust news agencies, newspapers, tv or the internet. Much of the figures you will see in newsoutlets will have been rounded upwards to make them look better. So if there are 6.750.000 pax they will say 7 mill just to make it look nicer.

Waerth

But the opposite can happen, too. I found an airport in Russia where the press doubts that its statistics are correct. They believed it had about 50k pax instead of the 200k pax the airport manager stated.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 01:46:32 pm
I know but if I have to choose between a statistician and a reporter/news media guy I will choose the statistician.

Waerth

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 02:02:40 pm
Now Azzelon when will you actually start to fly to all of those new airports?

Waerth

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 04:52:00 pm
When I get back from flying school.. So now!  :D
b]Click![/b]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk