Airline Mogul Forum

Gates Improvements

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: August 31, 2010, 12:35:01 pm
We are delighted to announce the improvement of the gates pages. This improvement has come based on user feedback as well as additional feature implementation. What you can look forward to now is the ability to see City and State names for all airports in the database where these are available.

We have also taken the time to re-design the header on each gates page to better communicate the base system in Airline Mogul. It should be much easier now to identify how many bases you can create and the link between Home bases and Foreign bases.

The importance of locating airports using a variety of methods is also supported. You can now view airports by their IATA or ICAO code by using the search box on the top right of each page, or click on a City, State or Country name or flag to view airports in that area. We have also added the functionality to provide "Wildcard" searching with ICAO codes. A search for EI* will return all airports in Ireland for example, since every Irish airport is prefixed with EI in its ICAO code.

Please take a few moments to familarise yourself with the updated pages and hopefully you will be able to make full use of the improvements we have made.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:29:44 pm
There should be an option to filter out displaying province and/or state columns. They aren't very useful to me, and (IMO) it makes the page look a little more cluttered.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

steventommyobama

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:14:45 pm
It won't let me return my Montreal gate :(

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:39:40 am
Any chance you could put the gate value/cost back on the page?

Royal First Fleet

• Airline Operative
  • Royal First Airlines
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 02:13:20 am
Will this feature also enable you to return bought gates, sofar the return terminal function does not work.

Greets Royal First Airlines

Royal First Airlines

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 04:20:00 pm
Stephen, you have outdone yourself with this amazing addition to your PHP databases! I hope, and wish I will use this more in the future. Maybe, I'll use it right now in my private world. Again, you've done a great job with this little project. I can only imagine how long it must have taken to code such a beauty. [Yes, I am clearly sucking up to you :P]
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 04:58:13 pm
brilliant addition stephen, thanks for it!

now whats next? :)
Too many things, more than likely the server move.

It won't let me return my Montreal gate :(
Can you post a report in the bug forum? Also was it a rented gates or a built gate?

There should be an option to filter out displaying province and/or state columns. They aren't very useful to me, and (IMO) it makes the page look a little more cluttered.
I did expect some players would not require the functionality being offered since its design to give an alternative to building up a route network to the Gate Search method. I will add in an option for Gate Search to turn them on or off in the near future. What do you think of them on the other pages?

Will this feature also enable you to return bought gates, sofar the return terminal function does not work.
There were a number of items that were planned for the pages which were left until after launch to speed things up, reduce terminal was one of them.

I can only imagine how long it must have taken to code such a beauty.
Data collection has been on-going for 2 years and is still on-going, the dev work was a good bit shorter. :)
Stephen Murphy

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 05:02:55 pm
I am having the same prob as tommyobama.

I have 3 gates I wish to return but it wont allow me too.

I am happy to wait though for the in-game message system to alert me and will return that way.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 05:46:16 pm
I am having the same prob as tommyobama.

I have 3 gates I wish to return but it wont allow me too.

I am happy to wait though for the in-game message system to alert me and will return that way.

What world and airport do you want to return them at? I can look into the bug that way.
Stephen Murphy

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 06:20:04 pm
Me too, I want to return 3 gates at PTY in world 1596. I'm Delte Airlines or ID 24796

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 11:34:29 pm
Is there any chance of the gate value/total cost being put onto the page?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 12:34:54 am
You can get the total gate costs from the Finance page.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 02:20:49 am
No, I meant the costs for each individual gate and the total value at each airport, like how my 6 gates at San Diego International cost me 1.5M euros.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk